Questions ~ Prmtn/Rlgtn Tiebreakers in Italy

beachesl

Concerning Italian playoffs used to decide promotion/relegation when there are point ties, what happens if there is a 3-way equality on points, such as there will be if Modena draw and both Reggina and Atalanta win this weekend? Is it an elimination series of one-offs, the first two teams having the worst goal difference?

Would any play-off, such as Inter/MilanAC be a home/away, or would it be a one-off at a neutral site? If so, has that neutral site been predetermined, such as the SPL has done concerning the possibility of a Rangers/Celtic absolute tie on points/gd/goals?

Is there any place other than Italy where playoffs are used to decide promotion/relegation when there are solely point ties?

Well they just finished the Serie A season and wouldn't you know it,4 teams end up tied for the last relegation spotall with 38 points..Modena and Empoli get to stay in Serie A due to the fact that they have a better head to head record with Reggina and Atalanta.Reggina and Atalanta play a 2 game home and away playoff for the final spot to stay in Serie A.Reggina fans(myself included)are pissed at AS Roma for allowing Atalanta to beat them in Stadio Olympico.Reggina just needed Roma to tie Atalanta since Reggina picked up 3 pts. against Bologna.The 2 game series will take place on Thursday May 29 and Sunday June 1st.

Should be great tense games: hopefully fans will not get hyper and misbehave.

Today, TLN guy said "standby" to hear announcemnts, hopefully they will carry the games. I sure like their English commentary from the Eurosport feed (thoughtful and laidback humor, unlike Sky Sport overkill on the English playoffs), so I hope they carry it rather than the Italian language feed (like thay did for the Coppa Italia), altho' probably not part of Eurosport's schedule.

It looks somewhat doubtful that the Northern stranglehold will be broken by promotion from Serie B this year, so it would be nice if Reggina di Calabria hang in there, though I know there are a lot of Atalanta fans in the Toronto area.

Sud!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I would guess that if TLN did show the relegation playoff, it will be the RAI feed, therefore in Italian.

Even though my understanding of Italian isn't that good, I prefer it to the English commentary. Only person worth listening to for the English commentary is Paddy Agnew. And TLN really needs to find someone better than Alf de Blasis.

you like the tln commentary!?!?!?!?!

i have never heard such drab, monotone, monotony in my life! they are SOOO boring to listen too. it's unbelievable. i enjoy the soccer, but i would LOVE it if they announcers were better.

there ain't gonna be any middle any more.

Archived