Toronto vs. Syracuse May 17th (R)

1-0 Syracuse in the 10th minute of play. Listening to the webcast on www.syracuse.com for as long as I can stand it.

"All them rock & roll writers are the worst kind of sleaze, selling punk like some new kind of English disease. Is that the wave of the future? Awww spare me please!" Frank Zappa, Joe's Garage (1979).

Cool feature of the new baord, I was able to delete my thread on this same topic so as to avoid duplicate threads (even though I beat Gian-luca to it, I deleted my thread :)).

Anyway, here is what I had posted which Gian-luca did not:

The match was supposed to start at 7:30 Eastern but the Webcast didn't kick in until 8. So either the match or the Webcast is delayed.

The commentators said that it looks like a near-sellout crowd for Syracuse's home opener in the artificial-turf stadium that holds over 10,000.

Now 2-0 Syracuse, mid-2nd half. Toronto losing again to the alleged "worst team" that Robbie Aristodemo has ever played for. Toronto has no stadium, a miniature field, & a team that can't win. What exactly have we done to deserve this?:(

DJT, can anybody do the deletion that you just did, or are you a moderator?

"All them rock & roll writers are the worst kind of sleaze, selling punk like some new kind of English disease. Is that the wave of the future? Awww spare me please!" Frank Zappa, Joe's Garage (1979).

Tyler Hughes has just made his pro debut, coming in on defense (described previously the lousy Syracuse commentators as non-existent).

Well done Tyler (got to cheer for something!)

Sounds like Hughes replaced Vincello on the field.

quote:Originally posted by Gian-Luca

DJT, can anybody do the deletion that you just did, or are you a moderator?

No, I'm not a moderator, but, since you can delete your own posts, if you create a new thread and no one has responded yet then you can delete the whole thread. If you create the thread and others have responded then you can delete your post that began the thread but not the entire thread (I wouldn't know unless I tried it, but if all the responses are yours then perhaps you can still delete the entire thread?).

You can also edit your own posts. Which I guess sometimes is good, sometimes is bad.

But anyways, the Lynx are playing horribly. How ironic is it that the Lynx (Aristodemo) called Syracuse the worst team they played, yet the Lynx have to win a a game against them. (Its not over till its over)

27 minutes remaining, still 2-0.

3-0 Syracuse about 15 minutes left. Just wonderful news.

quote:Originally posted by Jarrek

How ironic is it that the Lynx (Aristodemo) called Syracuse the worst team they played, yet the Lynx have to win a a game against them.

Aristodemo may be right, Syracuse may very well be the worst team that he's played against --- he's just never played against the current version of his own team! ;)

quote:Originally posted by DJT

The match was supposed to start at 7:30 Eastern but the Webcast didn't kick in until 8. So either the match or the Webcast is delayed.

It was the match that was delayed, by about 40 minutes, due to the fact that there were so many people trying to get into the stadium. The attendance was announced as 10,721. [:0]

Archived