The CSA marketing folks are ....

The ideal, as others have mentioned would be to have it available on an OTA channel, like CBC, CTV or Global (and their equivalents around the country). The problem is that CBC is playing hockey at the same time and CTV/Global already have their Wednesday line-ups set and is right in the middle of the 'sweeps weeks' so the US networks are pumping out cameo-filled cliffhangers. Unfortunately, there's more viewers for those shows then for the VC and CTV & Global will go where the money is.

The one chance we'll get is that whoever has rights to the next World Cup may want to pick up some extra soccer coverage, much like how CBC was broadcasting TFC games back in 2010.

Okay, time for my Slartibartfast moment, "I know nothing of these 'sweeps weeks' and pumped out cameo-filled cliffhangers" of which you speak.";)

It's pretty standard sports operating procedure in NA.. Sportsnet paid for the rights to broadcast these games so they don't want it streamed elsewhere.

Myself, I just use a proxy to get around the MLS Live blackouts as I'm usually working on the weekends and need my entertainment fix when doing so.

Archived