FC Edmonton versus Vancouver Whitecaps Edmonton leg United Way

$5 from every ticket sold goes to youth programs sponsored by the United Way.

More importantly though, is that tickets are up for sale to be donated to underprivileged youth and marginalized families. Tickets are $23, and I was hoping maybe some of you guys would call in and buy a ticket or two to help with this. It would mean a great deal to many people, and it would also help FC Edmonton have more then 2,888 people in Commonwealth Stadium.

Phone for United Way office doing the tickets: 780-443-8395.

http://myunitedway.ca/kick-poverty

It doesn't look like it, but I bought mine over the phone with United Way.

Thanks very much.

I remember the first professional soccer game I went to; it was an Ottawa Intrepid game at Terry Fox Field in Ottawa (circa 1988?). I was 10 years old and I got an Intrepid t-shirt which I cherished for years before it literally fell apart. That game definitely played a part in my development as a soccer player & fan and I can honestly say that that game had a positive spark that has lead to a life long relationship with the Canadian soccer scene. I think I remember meeting Dallas Moen and John Limniatis?!

Anyway I'm willing to purchase a few tickets for a great cause and I hope my fellow V's feel the same (remember you can probably buy just one).

• 2 weeks later...

Archived