UEFA Futsal Cup - April 28 2012

tmcmurph

I just set my PVR to record but the GolTV listings are a bit different. On Saturday there is a match with Sporting Lisbon and Sunday is the one with Barca & Moscow.

Saturday (a rerun of Friday's game)

Barcelona x Sporting Lisbon

4PM EST

Sunday

Dinamo Moscow v Barcelona

2:00pm E.T. - 11:00am P.T.

UEFA Futsal Cup FINAL Gol TV Canada Debut

I recorded those as well.

We must have the same taste in things tmcmurph. You must also like the Calgary Flames, Chelsea FC, UFC along with old retro WWE and WCW videos.

Anyhow, futsal is actually quite entertaining. It makes you wonder about starting a Canadian professional league. It could work considering we have the infrastructure in place with regards to facilities.

Edit: I see one was already started when looking further into this section of the forum.

I recorded those as well.

We must have the same taste in things tmcmurph. You must also like the Calgary Flames, Chelsea FC, UFC along with old retro WWE and WCW videos.

Anyhow, futsal is actually quite entertaining. It makes you wonder about starting a Canadian professional league. It could work considering we have the infrastructure in place with regards to facilities.

Edit: I see one was already started when looking further into this section of the forum.

"Calgary Flames, Chelsea FC, UFC along with old retro WWE and WCW videos." No, Barca, Yes, NO & NO.

I always wonder about a Canadian futsal league. Most universities have facilities (with some paint on the floor) that can seat a few thousand. We just seem stuck in the 1980's arena game. Must as I like the arena game I seriously think that futsal is clearly the future.

A thread already existed? Okay I'm going blind in my old age :) I'll have to look harder next time.

"Calgary Flames, Chelsea FC, UFC along with old retro WWE and WCW videos." No, Barca, Yes, NO & NO.

I always wonder about a Canadian futsal league. Most universities have facilities (with some paint on the floor) that can seat a few thousand. We just seem stuck in the 1980's arena game. Must as I like the arena game I seriously think that futsal is clearly the future.

A thread already existed? Okay I'm going blind in my old age :) I'll have to look harder next time.

Actually the thread is in the other leagues thread. It's actually some semi professional league called the Canadian Premier Fustal league.

Anyhow, you are correct about facilities. We have an abundance of CHL arenas that can be used for futsal. That seems to be the direction the new basketball league is going.

Futsal is definately the future. Watching that Sporting versus Barca game really shows why Argentina, Brazil, Portugal and Spain all produce technally gifted soccer players who are strong on the ball. Players who can play in tight spaces, have sublime touches and have immense upper body strength all have their roots in futsal. After watching the United/City game yesterday, David Silva is a great example of this.

I watched some of the earlier qualifying rounds last Autumn/Winter, specifically Barcelona vs Chrudim. It wasn't even close as Barcelona ran all over the side from the Czech Republic. Futsal is a fantastic sport, and it would be great if it had more exposure in Canada.

Anyhow, you are correct about facilities. We have an abundance of CHL arenas that can be used for futsal. That seems to be the direction the new basketball league is going.

I would rather stay out of arenas unless they take the boards down. It blocks the sight lines way too much. The other great thing about futsal is the smaller team size means less expenses all around.

So true about the players. The Brussians were having a very bad night getting shots on net but aside that their play was first rate.

I would rather stay out of arenas unless they take the boards down. It blocks the sight lines way too much. The other great thing about futsal is the smaller team size means less expenses all around.

So true about the players. The Brussians were having a very bad night getting shots on net but aside that their play was first rate.

I'm pretty sure they would take the boards down. They do it for other events like basketball or boxing. I don't think it would be a big issue as far I know.

Archived