hamilton Voyageurs - viewing party

kevin

I do not know what to think about the PDL yet. I'm going to be at the home opener in hamilton and see how things go and see if anyone has started up a group yet.

Quality of PDL varies massively by conference. But I'll tell you that in the Pacific Northwest, at least, the soccer is very good. Better than CIS or NCAA level, and tending towards offense because teams try to concentrate on getting promising attacking players. Not incredibly precise but a lot of fun to watch.

I do not know what to think about the PDL yet. I'm going to be at the home opener in hamilton and see how things go and see if anyone has started up a group yet.

If you ever want to see anyone in Hamilton consider an NASL team, supporting the PDL team is important. Our PDL team in Victoria is clearly VERY ambitious, and PDL is definitely their testing ground for making a move to NASL. I don't know if the current owner has enough money, but hopefully a certain NBA MVP from Victoria who loves soccer can get involved (if being part owner of the Whitecaps doesn't use up all his "soccer ownership" needs . . . ).

Also, Bob Young is a part owner of the Carolina Railhawks, so Hamilton soccer fans have a potential sugar-daddy for growing from PDL to NASL if they get out and support the team.

If we don't support what's already here, we can't expect anyone to commit their money to something bigger. Cheers.

Also, Bob Young is a part owner of the Carolina Railhawks...

No, the ownership group that included Bob Young bailed on the Railhawks during the off-season, despite Carolina winning the NASL playoffs. Traffic Sports USA owns the Railhawks now. If the NASL didn't require eight clubs to get D2 sanctioning for 2011, the Railhawks probably would not exist right now.

Archived