FC Edmonton Signs Four Guys They Already Had

Lord Bob

Why all the slagging? They have to sign them for this year.

'Cuse they updated the website with a "2011 roster" over a month ago with all four guys already on it.

I'm not overly disapointed with them, more annoyed that they didn't report any news.. This is stuff fans already knew or could easily find out.

Also, Yamada is a new signing for 2011 isn't he? Would have been nice to know the length of the signings too. I do appreciate the background on the players though. The average uninformed fan will get a bit more insight on them.

Your right.. Its not all bad. Plus there is the promise of more to come next week.

as a pro sports team you just can't win.

Don't release any information...poop slinging time

Release some information...not good enough, poop slinging time

Because we have been verbally harrassing them to get a decent website with content that is up to the minute and informative. Go look at the "team" tab on the website. Does that look like four newly signed guys to you?

Pleased to see all these guys for the coming season...RB a very solid and experiened keeper who was good in the friendlies last year. MC a modern holding striker, who will do well.

Good keepers hard to come by...I rememeber the opposition keeper in one of the games last year...I think it was the 14-0 or such game near the end. He looked like he had just wandered in off the street and could not tie his laces...

FCE officially has signed four more:

"Midfielder Mutanda Kwesele, local midfielder/striker Chris Lemire, Dutch midfielder/defender Paul Matthijs and defender Niko Saler are all signed and ready for action in 2011."

So we retained at least 2 of the 3 Dutch players.

Yet to be confirmed, but are posted on the 2011 roster page: Chris Kooy, Paul Hamilton and Andre Duberry

In other news: the training camp has been announced as March 6-19 in Arizona.

Archived