Jacob Peterson Starting to Look like Another Piece of the Toronto FC Puzzle

powerof11

Not sure about the part which talks about Barrett and White becoming regular scorers. I suspect Preki is not sure either hence the rumoured moves to try to get Mista in as a second DP. Barrett and White are both better suited to being the hardworking striker alongside the main goal poacher. The Galaxy game demonstrated that there can be issues in some games with being "creative" in the midfield as Preki put it in his postgame press conference when DeRosario is pushed up front. Peterson had a couple of good runs and overall played quite well but didn't really appear to me to be the answer on Saturday when it comes to making that final defence splitting pass. I suspect if Mista arrives he could lose his starting role and DeRosario might wind up playing right mid instead with LaBrocca on the left and JDG and either Saric or Sanyang in the middle. He would probably still very much be part of the core group of 15 or so players, however.

^Good observations, though I think DeRosario would be better off on the left, where he can cut in onto his stronger right foot for a shot on goal. If JDG's hammies are an ongoing problem, perhaps Preki will pull DeRo back into the centre of mid with either Sanyang or Saric. Playing Sanyang and Saric together in the centre of midfield over an extended number of games may become an issue.

Archived