North York Astros vs Brampton Lions CSL May 16th 2010 video comp

Juby

rogers could probably care less about copyright issues involvling local programming as long it doesn't make roger's look bad, most of the sports on the local channel draw marginal viewers and are more of a favour to the leagues then actually profitable, since their not making any money, their not losing any money on things like this, and what they gain is a mild amount of exposure. Beggars can't be choosers means they probably won't complain about the little exposure they have right now.

rogers could probably care less about copyright issues involvling local programming as long it doesn't make roger's look bad, most of the sports on the local channel draw marginal viewers and are more of a favour to the leagues then actually profitable, since their not making any money, their not losing any money on things like this, and what they gain is a mild amount of exposure. Beggars can't be choosers means they probably won't complain about the little exposure they have right now.

Apparently, CSL Soccer draws the 2nd most viewers on Rogers 10, after OHL hockey, of anything they produce. Their coverage of CSL Soccer is definitely not a "favour". For Rogers, CSL is a good property and for the CSL, the partnership is obviously a very important one. It is a win-win relationship.

that's why I was careful to say leagues generically because I've always thought the csl looks head and shoulders better then most of the games (any sport) they play. I still think any decent promotion is good promotion (literally just get rid anything that makes it look bad) and they won't mind, I really don't think any of the clubs in canada will mind at this point, maybe in like 20 years when it's an entrenched system but for now I'm sure they'd rather have a video like mine sitting around then not sitting around (btw, if anyways curious, I most certainly don't make a penny off it, the csl and rogers might indirectly and only the musicians (the ads) make money, probably next to nothing though)

edit: just to sum up my post, I think at this point it's better (probably a wee bit more profitable too) to get out there and make a few extra fans then sueing a broke ass.

A little OT, I wish the Rogers would put the CSL games on their on-demand service. I know they're available via the Super Sports Pack, but I'm not going to pay $30 + to get programming I won't watch solely for their CSL coverage. Additionally, maybe they could offer the CSL games separately at a lower price. Glad to hear the CSL is a good drawn on Rogers.

I tried offering to do it for them for a job last year, they were interested but too lazy to send me a copy and eventually I did some on my own (literally, that's not me joking, I called them multiple times after everything was setup and the guy was like 'yeah I'll send it today'). also, just because your infringing on a copyright doesn't mean you will get sued, it means you could, and what logical reason would rogers have to sue me? sick of the free advertising? I'm gonna make video's till someone tells me I have to stop cause canadian soccer needs all the help it can get. I can just imagine that call 'Rogers: where DO YOU get the nerve using OUR PRODUCT(that game) that WE DON'T SELL ANYMORE and making us LOOK GOOD FOR EVERYONE TO SEE? I mean you got some nerve buddy'

basicall what I'm saying is rogers won't sue someone just cause, that's pointless money on lawyers, they'll probably gauge whether it benefits or hinders them and then ask first.

Archived