Canadians abroad: June 4-10, 2010

DJT

Guidelines for this thread

• In this thread post match updates on all Canadians abroad for June 4-10, 2010.

• If you find updates posted in some other thread or on the other Voyageurs forum then post them here as well, but be sure to credit the original poster.

• If there is news that is particularly significant (eg. someone scores a big goal, someone gets injured, etc.) then feel free to begin a new thread on that topic in order to draw greater attention or start a discussion, but also post that news here.

• Some comments on news posted in this thread are okay, but let's not let this thread go off into a long discussion. If the news already appears in another thread (as per the previous bullet) then post your comments in that other thread, otherwise if you want to say something significant or if it is likely to generate replies then begin a new thread.

I find it funny that there were 47 views of this thread before there was any information in it. Shows people are interested if nothing else:

Issey played 90 in Horsens' 1-0 sleepy away loss to Viborg in front of 2,104 fans. Horsens still sits comfortably in first place in the second tier, having already secured promotion.

Jonke played his usual 90 as his AC Oulu beat FC Honka 2-0.

Bad news for Monsalve as he is out for three weeks with an injury and his replacement walked in to post a 3-0 shutout over JJK.

Ricketts was an 83 min substitutions in his side MyPa's 1-1 draw with KuPS.

In Italy keeper Robert Stillo wins supercoppa and national title with Genoa primavera. Great accomplishment for Robert Stillo to be part of something like this. I spoke to his dad and tells me me Robert will be on his way back from Italy., further that he will be returning with Genoa primavera next year and is anxiously looking at more playing time. Im sure It was diffcult for Robert being a 2nd keeper but only next to a keeper that has made numeroius appearenaces for the National youth team for Italy and maybe mens to I believe. That in it self means Robert will be rockin next year with possitive reviews with more playing time im sure of it if the 1st moves to another team.

Congrats, love it when any Canadian do so well and accomplishes these diffcult and only few have had that opporuntity in Italy. I just makes me believe that we are one step closer, having a Canadian play in a Serie A match. Boca lupo> (creppa)

In Norway this week, Lars and Pozniak both played 90 in Vålerenga's 5 - 2 victory over Haugesund. Pozniak picked up a 90th minute yellow card.

No sign of Occean and Nsaliwa was a second half sub all their Lillestrøm drew Molde at 3-3. (Occean is now playing for Lillestrom's reserves, apparently failing to impress Henning Berg this year)

In Cup action, Pozniak played another 90 as his Haugesund beat up on Bryne 6-1 in front of 1788 fans.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived