Edmonton men's teams looking for players

Kicked

Comets FC is looking for a few good natured Voyageurs that never miss an opportunity to play the beautiful game. We have a couple openings on both our Men’s Open division (any age) and Masters (over 35) EDSA (Edmonton District) teams.

Please send me a private message (PM) if you're interested. :)

Chris.

Just outta curiosity, say I wanted to play soccer and I'm over 35... where would I "sign up"? It's mainly just a question with very little chance of becoming action seeing as how all my time is going towards a)the baby, b)my job or c)working on my masters - but I'm still curious.

The many divisions/leagues confuse me... especially since I don't want to end up playing against River City... I hear he's a hack! ;)

Hey Strobe, if you came out to one or two of our practices you'd get a good idea of where you fit in as we have a team in each category. Basically, Masters is for 35+ and the higher divisions still play some pretty competitive soccer, lower divs (1 & 2) are a little slower. Open category is the most competitive and there are strong teams at every level include the bottom where most teams are located (4th). Most of the people playing in Open are between 18-25 I think, but there are a few older guys still playing there.

• 2 weeks later...
Just outta curiosity, say I wanted to play soccer and I'm over 35... where would I "sign up"? It's mainly just a question with very little chance of becoming action seeing as how all my time is going towards a)the baby, b)my job or c)working on my masters - but I'm still curious.

The many divisions/leagues confuse me... especially since I don't want to end up playing against River City... I hear he's a hack! ;)

Easy there strobe_z....just cause I should've been red carded during the friendly match at the ASA pre-B Assessment, doesn't mean anything.....

For those in Edmonton, there's a friendly match tonight between River City and Comets. 7PM at O'Leary High School. No autographs please.

Archived