Whitecaps introduce new Chief Executive Officer

Richard

Vancouver Whitecaps FC officially introduced new chief executive officer Paul Barber Wednesday in downtown Vancouver, British Columbia.

Barber, who comes from Tottenham Hotspur Football Club of the English Premier League, joins president Bob Lenarduzzi and chief operating officer Rachel Lewis in heading up the Whitecaps executive team, as the club moves towards 2011 and their inaugural season in Major League Soccer (MLS). Barber will act as the primary representative within the club for the Vancouver MLS 2011 ownership group, and bring world-class experience and leadership to the club’s business and soccer operations.

Whitecaps introduce new Chief Executive Officer - BC Soccer Web

Would have gone with a local guy myself. There's a world of difference between catering to Footy Fans in the UK, and soccer fana in North America.

You mean local CEOs like MLSE? Hmmm, no thanks. I think the team they are assembling in Vancouver is first rate all the way and the Caps might be the first Canadian team to make the MLS playoffs!

;)

You mean local CEOs like MLSE? Hmmm, no thanks. I think the team they are assembling in Vancouver is first rate all the way and the Caps might be the first Canadian team to make the MLS playoffs!

;)

In all fairness to MLSE, they've done a massive job with everything, except for the product on the field. That being said, I still like Vancouver's chance of being the first Canadian MLS team to make the playoffs!

Archived