It's Called Football - Guest: Jeff Cunningham

Jeff Cunningham joins us to talk about his turnaround season, his time in Toronto and relationship with former TFC head coach John Carver and addresses the Reading rumours.

Dino Rossi from the Soccer Academy Alliance Canada also calls in to discuss the CSA response to the FIFA mandate on academies and what he expects to happen in the months ahead.

MLS playoffs, the Whitecaps kicking off in MLS in a temporary stadium and what TFC's next move should be - all in this week's show.

http://www.metronews.ca/toronto/blog/post/358341

Are you listening to us daily? Why not?

http://itunes.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore...st?id=301350624

So when the main question was finally asked he basically wound up agreeing with Mo Johnston about pressure from the fans getting to him. Something for the TFC fanbase to ponder maybe. My impression was that Cunningham brought it on himself to a large extent and that Edson Buddle was the player who got a really raw deal that way. For example, everybody remembers who scored the goal at 23:14 but nobody remembers who did the difficult part to set up the tap in from the top of the six yard box. The question about comparing Seattle and Toronto's game day atmosphere was a bit embarrassing. Fishing for compliments is best avoided, in my opinion.

quote:Originally posted by BringBackTheBlizzard

So when the main question was finally asked he basically wound up agreeing with Mo Johnston about pressure from the fans getting to him. Something for the TFC fanbase to ponder maybe. My impression was that Cunningham brought it on himself to a large extent and that Edson Buddle was the player who got a really raw deal that way. For example, everybody remembers who scored the goal at 23:14 but nobody remembers who did the difficult part to set up the tap in from the top of the six yard box. The question about comparing Seattle and Toronto's game day atmosphere was a bit embarrassing. Fishing for compliments is best avoided, in my opinion.

It was a chat question.

Archived