End of an era in Vancouver?

Guest Jeffery S.

I have no info on what happened with Valente and Clark, Kindel, but it is odd. All three were fine last year, I would say important pieces on a team that won the league, without being stars or anything.

What could they complain about? I am not sure. Maybe they don't like change, and Tieter is into changing things. And if that is the case give the coach the benefit of the doubt, they played well last year. If he thinks they can play even better without these guys, and has an idea of who to sign, all power to him.

Maybe they are thinking MLS, meaning starting to groom the kids to step up as academy or regular squad for an MLS team, and phase out the guys who are a bit older and will not be there more likely.

Thus far the real loss is Sebrango, as he was an efficient scorer, he could be MIA for 80 minutes then appear and strike, and that was important for a team like the Caps that had problems scoring.

quote:Originally posted by piltdownman

The MLS has said they are against teams developing their own youth players because its not fair because some teams don't want to spend the money or aren't in cities that support grassroots football as much as others. I think its an ass backwards way of thinking, but its that's their current thinking. Its becoming very clear that the MLS doesn't care about player development.

Are you sure? After reading the stae of the league address, and the reserve league being scrapped I thought i read that MLS will let teams develop their own talent.

Archived