Home Leg Venue & Travel Plans

Yes this is a let-down post, as I don't know any more about this than any one else on here. I just thought the topic might as well get started so that once the home leg's venue is announced, there will be a place to quickly see where it is along with travel options to get there as well. Currently Westjet is having a seat sale to Montreal for $249 there and around $389 back (at least from Saskatoon that is). I know some of you guys are pretty good with finding good deals on flights or other ways of travel, so hopefully the best options can be posted here for those of us looking to go see this match.

As no one else has posted it yet, it looks like the home leg will be at the Big O on either the 24th, 25th, or 26th of February. Of course it has to be mid-week, but hopefully that won't stop many of you from making the trip out there to watch it live like myself. Any Saskatoon posters who are thinking of heading out there drop me an email.

Isn't it ridiculous??! I've been saving up since the 2nd win over Joe Public for this trip. On a student's budget, this will be a massive chunk out of it. Hopefully flight costs out there will magically come down on December 2nd...

• 1 month later...

If anyone is interested, WestJet is having its 50% off seat sale today. I just grabbed my tix in the hopes that the match will be Wednesday night (25th). There's a $50 fee for changing the flight date (once for the departure, and again if you have to change the return), but still it is cheaper to grab a seat right now and have to change the dates rather than waiting until after everything is announced.

Archived