Lloyd Barker, CTV's soccer analyst

Tintin

My wife was watching CTV news just now while I was reading and posting on here, out of the blue "We're joined now by Lloyd Barker, CTV's soccer analyst." I didn't know he was still in Canada, and even more surprised that he's a "soccer analyst" and even MORE surprised that CTV has a soccer analyst. Since when have they given a monkey's about the sport?

The New Bimbo said "This is a big weekend for soccer fans in Canada" so I thought they were going to talk about the cup match between Toronto and Vancouver, but it was just the European Championship final and how important that is to Canadians, the end.

What a load of carp. A soccer "analyst" to tell us that the final is tomorrow. What a genius.

Barker has had a soccer segment on the local CTV sports show for about 6 months now. His delivery is still a bit wooden but he has some good points and analysis. He gives some coverage to Canadian soccer but it is still a bit too Euro-centric for my taste but still I can't complain about extra soccer coverage with a bit of Canadian content. He is also the coach of the Concordia men's team.

Archived