Canucks in Germany - March 2008

Guest Ed

Interesting, appears that Ryan re-injured his knee while with Canada and had limited playing time because of that. Before that re-injury, he was expected to start (wearing #8) and wear the captain's armband. Also, he says that he was reassured that he still has a high profile with the national teams.

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ryan stated in a former interview (most of you had seen it, the one with Mrs. Brandenburg ;))that he had a try out in Austria this winter, but this injury spikes his guns. Looks like it´s more serious then expected.

I will ask one of my team mates what´s up with Zak Kalthoff, when I see him on friday. I hope I can give a short update then

Ryan stated in a former interview (most of you had seen it, the one with Mrs. Brandenburg ;))that he had a try out in Austria this winter, but this injury spikes his guns. Looks like it´s more serious then expected.

I will ask one of my team mates what´s up with Zak Kalthoff, when I see him on friday. I hope I can give a short update then

There is a nice article about the duell between Rob and Big Kev next monday.

http://www.bild.de/BILD/sport/fussball/zweite-liga/2008/04/02/holzfaeller-duell/gladbachs-friend-gegen-koelns-mckenna,geo=4156880.html

Headline, Caution Explosion Hazard, The duell of the lumberjacks - Friend and his friend McKenna

Rob used the day off for a pleasure trip to Cologne. Not to test the lawn of the Rhein Energy Stadium. 6 days bevore the derby, he and his girl friend were invited at the house of his friend and national team mate Kevin McKenna.

Friend grint, that´s ok, we´re friends so it´s allowed. He did not taint me. I payed attention, that he mad the first bite.

The big question, Who eats up whom?

Then the friendship needs to rest for 90 minutes. Necessarily both will clash. FC coach Daum already knows against Friend I need Kevin in the defense.

The lamberjack duell

None of them will drawback. Rob has a lot of respect for Kevin. He is a damend good defender, strong, good in the air and always fair.

But Rob is happy to play against him. Most of the time the referes are whistling against him, because he is pysically stronger then his oponents, but Kev holds against.

But: for Rob only a victory counts. One point is not enough for him, I want to win. For both, the fans and the players it´s the game of the year.

Geez, I hope Rob's wife doesn't read that article. Didn't he depart early from the Gold Cup to get married?

And Kevin invites Rob and his g/f????

Archived