Canucks in Germany - March 2008

Guest Ed

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nice article on Friend. Coach calls him the signing of the season. "He is not just a goal scorer. He is very mobile and the absolute team player". Ends with the coach saying he's like Koller, although 8 years younger and with tons of potential.

Jonathan Bourgault on the bench as his FC St Pauli host 1860 Muenchen in Monday's B2 game. Nik L flew out over the weekend but FC St Pauli refused to release JBB. Scoreless approaching the half.

quote:Originally posted by loyola

Did they refused to release him for the tournament or just until today's game?

JBB was not released - period. Neither were Edgar or Will Johnson...not sure about Bonifacio or Haber. Bonifacio did not start or make it on the field for Cambuur today...again.

quote:Originally posted by jpg75

JBB was not released - period. Neither were Edgar or Will Johnson...

....and Peters, D'Agostino, Jackson and De Jong while we are keeping score.

I think we got more "no releases" this time round than 2004, though that may be because more of our players are overseas. Still, if we can qualify for one of just two spots with all those players missing that will speak to our talent at this level being very deep. But that's a big if.....

Speaking of which, where is that final roster? I thought it was due to be submitted today.

quote:Originally posted by Ed

Jonathan Bourgault on the bench as his FC St Pauli host 1860 Muenchen in Monday's B2 game. Nik L flew out over the weekend but FC St Pauli refused to release JBB. Scoreless approaching the half.

St.pauli are having problems with injuries and suspensions this week and I guess they need all the healty bodies they can get.

Too bad for Johnathan he really wants to play for Canada.

A preview of this weekend for Canucks in Germany.

Friday

Bundesliga 2 -

David Hoillet will be on the bench as SC Paderborn (dead last 18th) host Allemania Aachen.

FC Kaiserslautern (16th) are away to SV Wehen Wiesbaden (6th), with Josh Simpson starting up front,

Patrice Bernier on the bench.

Regional League South - Ali Gerba is an option for starting striker as FC Ingolstadt (4th, 2 pts out of 1st)

host SC Pfullendorf (15th).

Oberliga Baden-Wuerttemburg - Robert Kerek and SC Bahlinger travel to play Waldhof Mannheim.

Saturday

Bundesliga 1 - VfL Bochum (12th) host VfB Stuttgart (6th), the title-holders back in good form and pushing for a spot in Europe.

Daniel Imhof will start once again.

Hansa Rostock (14th) host Hertha BSC (11th).

Regional League South - Alex Elliott and his Sportfruende Siegen (12th) are away to SV Elversberg (13th).

Oberliga Nord - Riley O'Neill and SV Wilhelmshaven (2nd) are away to VfL Osnabrueck amateurs (12th).

Oberliga Nord - FC St. Pauli amateurs host VfB Luebeck but Jonathan Bourgault will likely be away with the senior squad

(in action Sunday).

Oberliga SudWest - Look for Zak Kalthoff with the FC Kaiserslautern amateurs as they host Borussia Neunkirchen.

Sunday

Bundesliga 2 -

Potential Cdn derby with Borussia Moenchengladbach (1st), Rob Friend starting, host FC St Pauli (13th),

with Jonathan Bourgault on the bench.

Oberliga NordRhein - Maycoll Canizales and Bonner SC are away to Wuppertaler SV amateurs.

Oberliga WestFalen - Preussen Muenster and Massih Wassey are away to Germania Gladbeck.

Oberliga Westfalen - GianLuca Zavarise and VfL Bochum amateurs are away to SpVgg Erkenschwick.

Monday

Bundesliga 2 -

Kevin McKenna and FC Koeln (5th) are away to SC Freiburg (7th).

I'll be at the Bochum-Stuttgart game on Saturday and the B.M'Gladbach-St.Pauli game on Sunday. Gonna try to go to the Koln game next weekend also, but no guarantees.

I'm bringing a couple of "Sack the CSA" shirts in case i get a chance to talk to Imhof, Friend and/or McKenna...

Nothing definite on the Beast.

Bundesliga 2 games underway. David Hoillet on the bench as SC Paderborn are down 1-0 early. Josh Simpson starts for FC Kaiserslautern.

David Hoillet has a great chance to equalize, forcing a huge save from the keeper, as he comes in mid-2nd half, but SC Paderborn still fall 1-0 on the 1st minute goal against.

quote:Originally posted by frank

2:0 for the FCK

Still in relegation but safety is now in sight (3 pts out as of end of today).

The Beast goes 90 in a 2-0 win for FC Ingolstadt. Sitting pretty in promotion spot, 3 wins in a row since the break.

FC Ingolstadt

Aufstellung:

Tor: Michael Lutz

Abwehr: Heiko Gerber

Abwehr: Mario Neunaber

Abwehr: Necat Aygün

Mittelfeld: Andreas Buchner

Mittelfeld: Ralf Keidel

Mittelfeld: Alexander Buch

Mittelfeld: Stefan Leitl

Mittelfeld: Markus Karl

Sturm: Ersin Demir

Sturm: Ali Gerba

Auswechslungen:

68. min: Steffen Wohlfarth (Sturm) für Ersin Demir (Sturm)

81. min: Manuel Hagmann (Abwehr) für Alexander Buch (Mittelfeld)

89. min: Tobias Fink (Abwehr) für Andreas Buchner (Mittelfeld)

Riley O'Neill (again) opens the scoring in a 2-1 win for SV Wilhelmshaven today in the Oberliga Nord.

No sign of Alex Elliott with Sportfreunde Siegen as they have a scoreless draw in the Regional League South.

Imhof and his Bochum teammates played well yesterday in their 1-1 draw with Stuttgart. He did his job well in cleaning up any mess around the backline, made some good tackles, won a few balls and distributed adequately. Early on he made a nice through pass down the right side that sent a teammate into the box, shot was saved and the rebound shot in for an apparent goal, but the player that scored was offside at the time of the shot :(. He made a crunching tackle later in the half and seems to have wrenched his knee a bit, the play was stopped to tend to him, but he got up and continued on. He also got fouled a few times, including an elbow to the eyebrow near the end of the game that wasn't called.

We had great seats, 4th row near the midfield line. We got to the game too late to try to talk him before warm-ups. After the game I ran down to the railing and yelled a few times to get his attention, but he was bee-lining it to the tunnel. On an evn stupider note, i forgot to bring my camera [:I], i remembered half way there...that mistake is not being made today!! the game in M'Gladbach starts at 2pm CET and we're not going sight-seeing this morning so i'm going to try and talk my dad into leaving earlier. Our seats are 32nd row, so not quite the up close perspective as yesterday.

Archived