What's next after U-20???

Guys,

With the enormous success that we are presently seeing with the U-20 in Canada (in particular with attendence), what are the chances that this tournament triggers a strong movement for more Canadian cities in MLS such as Vancouver and Montreal??? I realise that these 2 cities are presently on the expansion radar screen of MLS, but what are the chances that MLS moves more quickly (let's say in less than 2 years) to give them quicker entry in MLS???

Now what about USL1, we now know that USL is already talking to a business group in BC that wants to bring a franchise to Victoria. What are the chances of more Canadian cities in the USL such as Hamilton, Winnipeg, Calgary, Edmonton, etc...

Please put down your comments/input here.

I don't think you will see more MLS teams in Canada before 2010. But your point about the USL looking at Canada because of this World Cup is a good one. I mean there are many Canadian cities that could hold USL-1, USL-2, and PDL teams. The fans are here, we have proven that. The only question is, are the owners here?

I don't think fans would support a USL franchise in any other cities other then what we have. Remember, both Calgary and Edmonton tried it 2-3 years back. Yes the U20 is considered a success...but there will be no fall-out such as people wanting to see a USL team. Jamit, you hit it on the head about the owners....having a team is a tax write off only....no profit whatsoever. We just have to take the money we made and create a stonger infrastructure...i think that would be the best result. Now...only to get it into the right hands.

Archived