Jack Warner acknowledges problems with refereeing

According to today's article in CANOE SLAM, this is what Jack Warner had to say:

...CONCACAF president Jack Warner acknowledged there have been some problems with refereeing at the Gold Cup, but said none were deliberate. He also refused to single out any referees who had problems.

The U.S. advanced to Sunday's final after Canada had a goal waved off in the final minute of stoppage time in the semifinal on a disputed offside call. Canada lost the game 2-1.

"Referees are human beings like anyone else. They can make mistakes at any level and I admit some mistakes have been made," Warner said. "But at no point and time has it been fixed for any country. It would be an absurd thing to do..."

quote:Originally posted by Luis_Rancagua

According to today's article in CANOE SLAM, this is what Jack Warner had to say:

...CONCACAF president Jack Warner acknowledged there have been some problems with refereeing at the Gold Cup, but said none were deliberate. He also refused to single out any referees who had problems.

The U.S. advanced to Sunday's final after Canada had a goal waved off in the final minute of stoppage time in the semifinal on a disputed offside call. Canada lost the game 2-1.

"Referees are human beings like anyone else. They can make mistakes at any level and I admit some mistakes have been made," Warner said. "But at no point and time has it been fixed for any country. It would be an absurd thing to do..."

Linford said: "That it's a human game and humans make decisions and humans make mistakes."

Warners said: "Referees are human beings like anyone else. They can make mistakes at any level and I admit some mistakes have been made,"

Do you think they use the same script writers or they party together to much?......

i imagine some CONCACAF communications doink wrote up 4 or 5 "talking points" to use with the media. Hence the similar wording.

This suggests that Linford is participating in Warner's cover-up, which is disappointing. I can only hope that Linford was able to extract some pretty good concessions from Warner in return for this complicity, such as a promise that Canada will never see Carlos Batres or Benito Archundia again. If Linford was also promised a "right to refuse" certain officials, then it's not that bad a deal.

Heck, maybe the price was a promise of two phantom PKs awarded to Canada in the next WCQ.

Of course I'm only kidding. Such things simply could not happen in international soccer. People are more honest than that.

may be the game was pre sold to the USA team.

for future consideration, free use of the Florida training Centre

Funds for future friendlies.

kick back from the gate receipt of the finals and part of the 3 millions dollars(minimum)the US team will pocket upon participation in the confederation cup.

sound that is something Pipe would have been involved with

but Linford and Co forgot to notify the players,coaching staff and Morgan Quarry.

let me take a moment to consider whether i believe anything Jerk Warner has to say...OK the moment is over. Warner is as full of s hit as he always has been. I wonder how it feels to be president of the biggest joke in the sports world.

Archived