Has Can vs Ven on Sprtsnet East cancelled? (LIVE)

Guest speedmonk42

Guest speedmonk42

I thought it was going to be live on Sportsnet East, which should be accessible in some bar with digital cable or sat dish.

Or is it not on anymore...?

Save me a big ass bike ride to Scallywags where some folks seem to think it will be on tv.

Guest speedmonk42

This is from the sportsnet site.

If you can't wait that long for your national soccer fix, then tune into Sportsnet June 1 as we bring you the Canada friendly live on Rogers Sportsnet. (Available live only on East, Pacific digital channels Friday at 7pm ET. Match can be viewed in its entirety Saturday at 10 am ET for those without.)

quote:Originally posted by speedmonk42

This is from the sportsnet site.

If you can't wait that long for your national soccer fix, then tune into Sportsnet June 1 as we bring you the Canada friendly live on Rogers Sportsnet. (Available live only on East, Pacific digital channels Friday at 7pm ET. Match can be viewed in its entirety Saturday at 10 am ET for those without.)

I posted in another thread the e-mail I received from Sportsnet saying they were sorry but they had some problems and the game will be shown only tomorrow at 10 am.

Guest speedmonk42

Most excellent.

Thanks Sigma.

I will post in the other forum, and hopefully save some people a trip.

:)

Again I planned on watching this match tonight but come to hear that they are not showing it. Not only am I frustrated at Canada's National Soccer team getting no love but the fact that they advertised the match and then decided against showing it at the last minute disgusts me. I thought CBC was bad.

Anyways I believe Canada will not be successful in this sport at the highest level internationally unless the attitude towards the sport changes. Yes, I do realize that the Blue Jays game was scheduled well in advance and ratings wise it is probably a better draw, but there are many soccer fans in this country that want to watch their national team play live and if RSN have their priorities then fine, but we need a station in this country that will broadcast our games and will make the representatives of this country for the world's greatest sport a priority.

From what I understand it's the Venezuelan FA who changed the time of the game to 19:30 instead of 19:00. Tough to blame Sportsnet for the wrong information they received.

I'm still happy they were commited to show the game. I'm gonna hide for the next 12 hours and watch it tomorrow....

But still, regardless of the time changing, which I believe was just by 1/2 an hour does that mean they cant show the game. All they have to do is stick a repeat 1/2 hour program in until game time. I think it was just an attempt by RSN to make viewers think they were committed to showing the game.

I am really getting fed up with not being able to watch the national team live. First CBC has Toronto FC games condensed to fit in certain time slots with commercials on tape delay now this.

It's always been this way but you would think with Canada hosting the U-20 world cup and the Gold Cup coming up and Toronto FC in the MLS that we would get some decent coverage. This why its hard for potential soccer fans to get involved in the sport. Lack of adequate television coverage.

Archived