De Guzman valuable to Deportivo La Coruna

Jimmy

Hey fellas.I am new to the forum and an avid follower of Spanish futbol. I just came across an interesting article in which Joaquin Caparros, Depor coach, was interviewed. Here is the quote followed by a loose translation on his comment about De Guzman.

¿A qué jugador le pondría una medalla?

Tenemos una de las mejores defensas en toda Europa. Ha habido tres jugadores clave: Andrade, De Guzmán y Arizmendi, la columna vertebral. He is asked which Depor player he would give a medal, and he answers that" We have one of the best defenses in all Europe. There have been three key players: Andrade. De Guzman and Arizmendi, the backbone." For the full article in Spanish checkout the following link

http://www.canaldeportivo.com/servlet/es.iris.servlets.Noticias?accion=4&ver=1&nid=13250&mid=12

Well done Julian keep it up. That is a great vote of confidence from Caparros. Keep it up... Good luck at the Gold Cup to the entire squad.

Guest Jeffery S.
quote:Originally posted by jpg75

Jimmy, will Arizmendi be staying with Depor? When he signed 2 years ago from Atl. Madrid there was a 3.5M Euro buy back clause. Do you know if Atletico will excercise it?

Today it has been announced he is going back to At. Madrid. They will also surely change coaches, and quite possible club president this summer. They are going to have to work hard to prepare a competitive team for next season, as is it is a bit thin.

quote:Originally posted by Jeffrey S.

Today it has been announced he is going back to At. Madrid. They will also surely change coaches, and quite possible club president this summer. They are going to have to work hard to prepare a competitive team for next season, as is it is a bit thin.

Really? geez, they're in rough shape for next year...some Depor fans thought it was a stupid idea to begin with to "buy" someone with such a cheap buy back clause in the first place. They were essentially a development tool for Atletico.

For Arizmendi's replacement a couple of names have come up. One being Getafe's Manu del Moral. I think he has about 8 or 9 goals in the league this season. The other name I have heard is Mallorca's Braulio. Also Depor coach Joaquin Caparros is seemingly on his way out with Miguel Angel Lotina the likely replacement if his current side Real Soceadad are relegated. Marcelino, the Recreativo Huelva coach has also been mentioned as a possible replacement. Too many rumors flying around at this point. Once the league ends then manysituations will be clearer.

Archived