Current Champ's Champions League Pool - 2006-2007

River City

quote:Originally posted by River City

Ooops. I just realized Man U and AC Milan played yesterday. I'm ruling my Man U - AC Milan predictions null and void.

Hey, we are all gentlemen and friends here, so I say just keep your predictions on the understanding you did not know the results, if no one else objects. I know how hard it is to keep up on the net when you are on the road.

How did you like Guatemala? Did you make it to Tikal and Semuc Champey, my two favourite places in Guate outside the mountains?

Thanks beachesl, but I'll still punish myself on the Man U/AC Milan matchup - I should have paid more attention to the outside world.

I got to Antigua for Palm Sunday, then took an overnight bus to Flores (which I loved). From there I did a 6 day trek to El Mirador (7km from Mexican border) an archaeological complex 3-5 times larger than Tikal, then Tikal itself, then Semuc Champey (very beautiful), then Rio Dulce and Livingston which for me is the best part of the country!

Then I went to Lago de Atitlan, stayed in Pana, San Pedro and visited Santiago. This was the most disappointing part of the trip by far. Finally, I made it to Guatemala City for the last 4 days of the 25 day trip and had a blast. Most of the tourists and backpackers I met, went out of their way to avoid the capital, but it's a lot safer and interesting than people give it credit for. Highlights here were drinking a chivola mixta at El Portal (where Che and Fidel used to hang out before the CIA did away with Arbenz), hanging out at Quatro Grados Norte (think Granville Street or Whyte Ave) and going to the Municipal-Communicaciones derby on Sunday! The score should have been better for Los Rojos, but a great experience nonetheless.

• 3 weeks later...

Sorry it took so long boys - you take a month off work and they actually expect you to take care of business as soon as you come back....some people....

After the the Second Knockout Round (Quarter-finals), the standings were....

1. beachesl - 65 points (Group stage 26 + 13 + 26)

2. Harwood - 58 points (Group stage 32 + 12 + 14)

3. JKCanada - 46 points (Group stage 30 + 0 + 16)

4. River City - 38 (Group stage 24 + 14 + 0)

After the the Third Knockout Round (Semi-finals), the standings are....

1. beachesl - 76 points (Group stage 26 + 13 + 26 + 11)

2. Harwood - 58 points (Group stage 32 + 12 + 14 + 0)

3. JKCanada - 55 points (Group stage 30 + 0 + 16 + 9)

4. River City - 40 (Group stage 24 + 14 + 0 + 2)

And since no one picked either of the finalists as their Champions, the winner of the 2006-2007 Current Champ's Champions League Pool is beachesl!

Congratulations on successfully defending the 2005-2006 championship! Is there a dynasty in the making?

Archived