Controversy surrounds Pellerud

Observer

Interesting stuff. I wonder what will be the mood in the WNT locker room in their next games when all the NJ and Ottawa players will meet.

If Ottawa had an agreement with Pellerud for that kind of conflict and New Jersey didn't, I think New Jersey had only themselves to blame. It's not men's soccer with international dates, women's national teams plays often just like this summer, so clubs have to think ahead and try to get that sort of agreement with National teams.

If the NJ coach had came out saying that he had too an agremment I would've feel he'd been cheat but if what was reported is true I don't feel sorry for him.

BTW, why does Hooper care about the stupid Final 4 of a stupid league now???

Edit: I just want to add that I think it's not very smart for Hooper to criticize her teammates for not attending a game where they weren't call because of an agreement between the WNT and their club. She can criticize her coach or the club for having that agreement but the players don't have anything to do with it (as I understand the current situation).

That's only what happens when you don't stop your championship for your national team

The game was in the USA : aren't there US internationals in the NJ team ?

Just make things easy... but simple and North American soccer aren't a winning pair

• 2 weeks later...

Well the commissioner of the W-League and a couple of other USL luminaries were on hand in Vancouver to present the cup and medals to the Whitecaps women without hesitation so any question of protesting the Fury-Wildcats issue clearly was a non-issue. What international was that?

Archived