CSA open-house.

bettermirror

This is a call to the CSA to hold community (or regional) open houses. Established soccer minds are leaving our association by the droves, including big names such as Yallop and Bate.

Bring the community's together so the CSA can hear the frustration, and recommendations for moving forward. Use these forums to discuss plans of action. Establish criteria, establish trust.

This is not my idea - but one I support. This idea was proposed by an incredibly intelligent soccer mind, and mind in general.

Sidenote: Richard Bate stated he left the posting because of his time here he spent just 10% of his time on the pitch coaching players and/or coaches. It is not what he expected nor what he signed up for.

(Yallop left quickly and without notice as well).

The question remains, what is Pipe telling applicants the jobs they wish to take entail, and what is happening in reality. Why are the jobs not satisfying the job description.

Bate was very excited about a position with the CSA. He was allured under false pretenses.

The best item Bate proposed was regionalized NTC's/Provincial level training centres. IE, no player should have to drive more than 2 hours to train at a provincial level with a staff comprised of provincially and nationally certified coaches. Increase the amount of sites, and you increase player and coaching quality in this country by establishing a higher standard, and room for all coaches and players to pursue this higher standard.

Who are the training centres really for when, for example, there is just one in BC? I lived just an hour away and all-but refused based on time/cost benefit ratio - imagine how kids who live in the Okanagan, or Vancouver Island, or Prince George feel?

I proposed that idea of open houses too. A way to hear from the fan on the street and from the soccer people accross the country. Something similar to what B.C. Soccer did a while ago conducting Summits accross the province. They got their eyes opened. Whether anything comes out of it, that is another story. But they had their heart in the right place. I also agree with needing better access to NTC. Someone said very truthfully that Select soccer is by far for rich kids.

Guest speedmonk42
quote:Originally posted by The Ref

I proposed that idea of open houses too. A way to hear from the fan on the street and from the soccer people accross the country. Something similar to what B.C. Soccer did a while ago conducting Summits accross the province. They got their eyes opened. Whether anything comes out of it, that is another story. But they had their heart in the right place. I also agree with needing better access to NTC. Someone said very truthfully that Select soccer is by far for rich kids.

What were some of they eye opening things?

Archived