U20's not playing PDL?

Jason

I find it rather unfortunate that none of the current U20 players in the Brazil series are spending the rest of the summer in the PDL. There are a whole bunch of unattached players and a few NCAA scholarship guys on the club, yet not one has joined a PDL side.

Any theories as to why our best young players are not playing at this level?

Jason

The one I assume your thinking as unattached are those with the NTC's. There a 4 players from Ontario (Lumley, Gala, Owusu-Ansah, and Monsalve) 3 from Quebec (Nunez, Contreras, and Balde) and one from Atlantic (Babineau)

Seems a lack of local PDL teams hurt. Although the NCAA players could easily be with Abbotsford.

Likely that Mitchell wants to work with them the whole summer since he's got just about a year before the tournament.

quote:Originally posted by DoyleG

The one I assume your thinking as unattached are those with the NTC's. There a 4 players from Ontario (Lumley, Gala, Owusu-Ansah, and Monsalve) 3 from Quebec (Nunez, Contreras, and Balde) and one from Atlantic (Babineau)

Baldeh signed a contract with Montreal Impact a couple of weeks ago. Babineau was also with Montreal during the training camp, I don't know if Nunez and Contreras where there.

Archived