Help: Soccer DVD

loyola

Hey,

My dad will have a big operation on july 13th and will have between 6 and 8 weeks in a wheelchair and crushes after the operation. So I wanted to give him a gift and I thought about a soccer DVD that he could watch during his boring summer :(. I'm looking for something like an History of the World Cup or something with some kind of historical perspective of the game (so I,m not looking for a 1 000 goals DVD ;)).

So if any of you have some suggestions and comments about what to buy or not buy, they are more than welcome!!!

Thanks

Guest speedmonk42

There is a history of soccer DVD set. I think it 6 or 7 dvds.

I have not seen it myself, but people have said it was good.

Has anyone here seen that set?

I have a three DVD set "World Cup Highlights 1978-2002" that I can highly recommend. It starts with the 1978 tournament and includes a whole DVD on the 2002 tournament. Very thorough and very enjoyable. Got it at HMV so it is available in Canada (try Amazon.ca - $50).

I have the six DVD "History of Soccer: The Beautiful Game" set (won it at a Lynx game) - and its very good. They showed it on CBC just before the last World Cup. It is widely available at HMV etc. It will set you back about $111 (Amazon.ca).

Archived