OH quip on today's Guardian Fiver

Grasshopper

I don't post much anymore, so I'm not even sure if this belongs here or not...but I thought a few of you would like this line from today's Guardian Fiver Letters section about a wayward Calgarian.

http://football.guardian.co.uk/fiver/0,,415657,00.html

"Not that I think Sven's final squad selection is in any way

predictable, but if Owen Hargreaves is included for anything other

than translating Rooney's fumbling attempts at small talk with local

pensioners, I'm going to pull all the skin off my legs" - Darren

Ford.

Blair

At the risk of opening a new round of Hargreaves hating some news about him. Hargreaves recently underwent a groin operation and is not yet match fit. He has by and large not developed to the extent that was expected. Instead of becoming a Bundesliga star he has turned into an average Bundesliga player. Whether or not it is due to the negative energy sent his way from the Voyageurs, the last couple of years have not been particularly stellar. Most of this year he has been bothered by his groin and has lost his starting place in Bayern to the Argentinian Demichelis who has performed much better and more consistently. He has played in only 9 Bayern Bundesliga games this year and only been a starter 7 times. Although he would still be one of our better players, he is probably right off the radar as far as England is concerned. Unless Sven just really likes him or as Darren Ford states wants someone on the team who speaks German, I can't see him being picked for England. Will be bitter for him seeing England in the WC in Germany and even playing in nearby Nuremberg and not being a part of it. Can't say I'm going to shed a tear for him though, Schadenfreude can be nice.

quote:Originally posted by Paddy

Is that the German term for taking pleasure in someone else's misfortune? I have never seen the spelling for it.

Yes it is, and I will piss myself laughing if that traitorous whore is left off of England's World Cup team! Sven is the only one who likes him, and if even Sven won't pick him, then there is no chance that the next coach will.

The whore's international career could be over! Of course, to really rub it in, Canada will need to qualify for the next World Cup so that he can spend the summer of 2010 watching Canada play from his living room and wonder what might have been had he not been such a greedy, selfish, opportunistic little bitch. I hope that JDG2 makes a note of this when considering his future and decides to be a major part of the Canadian team instead of struggling to hold a bench seat with the Dutch.

SCHADENFREUDE RULES!!!

quote:Originally posted by KAS

Yes it is, and I will piss myself laughing if that traitorous whore is left off of England's World Cup team! Sven is the only one who likes him, and if even Sven won't pick him, then there is no chance that the next coach will.

The whore's international career could be over! Of course, to really rub it in, Canada will need to qualify for the next World Cup so that he can spend the summer of 2010 watching Canada play from his living room and wonder what might have been had he not been such a greedy, selfish, opportunistic little bitch. I hope that JDG2 makes a note of this when considering his future and decides to be a major part of the Canadian team instead of struggling to hold a bench seat with the Dutch.

SCHADENFREUDE RULES!!!

Whoa! Anger management issues?[:0]

Although I agree with your sentiments! :D (Really liked the "bitch" part). Heh.

Archived