Cassano Transfered to Real Madrid?

massimo

Cassano is 'restarting' his career with Real Madrid, but once Raul and Ronaldo come back from there injuries I doubt he will have much playing time there. It is obvious being off the Roma starting 11 for so long, means he must prove his worth to keep a spot in the first team with Real. He must keep his focus on 'le foot' and not his skeletons in the closet. Here is the confirmation.

http://www.channel4.com/sport/football_italia/jan3m.html

Cassano is for Real Tuesday 3 January, 2006

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Antonio Cassano has officially tied himself to Real Madrid until 2010, announced the Spanish club this evening.

“Real Madrid are the best club in the world and we can win everything,” he said on their official website. “I would like to make my debut as soon as possible to help this team pick up every trophy available this season.”

With Raul and Ronaldo out injured, it’s believed Cassano could play in Sunday’s Liga match away to Villarreal.

The Italian international flew in to Madrid this afternoon and penned the contract, reportedly without undergoing a medical.

Roma will receive in the region of £3.5m for the 23-year-old, who had been signed from Bari for £20m in the summer of 2001.

“When I was a little boy I dreamed of playing for Real and now that ambition has come true. I even thought it would be great to play alongside Francesco Totti here, but for the moment at least my own dream has been realised.”

Real announced that a Press Conference with the new arrival would be held on Wednesday at 1pm local time, midday in the UK.

“It is up to Coach Lopez Caro to decide what position I’ll play in. I am 23 years old and have signed until 2010, so I have plenty of time to make my mark and give Real fans pleasure."

"I am the kind of player who likes to be a leader on the field and pass my enthusiasm on to everyone around me. It’s an honour for me to wear this jersey and I’m ready to take on this challenge with a mixture of gusto and responsibility.”

quote:Originally posted by Daniel

Kick it ol' school like the c-side with a 4-2-4 formation!

Both the Cassano and Cicinho buys make no sense. Cassano can't replace Ronaldo because he doesn't score. He can replace Raul, Baptista or Robinho but is he any better than those players? And why get Cicinho when you have Míchel Salgado and Beckham already on the right-flank?

quote:Originally posted by amacpher

Both the Cassano and Cicinho buys make no sense. Cassano can't replace Ronaldo because he doesn't score. He can replace Raul, Baptista or Robinho but is he any better than those players? Noplays the position of Raul, Baptista and Robinho. And why get Cicinho when you have Míchel Salgado and Beckham already on the right-flank?

Because this is Real Madrid and the decisions are being made by the president, a construction magnate who is too stubborn to admit that he is clueless.

Guest Jeffery S.

Won't anyone say anything nice about Real Madrid so I can mock him?

Cassano actually has come to Madrid looking chubby, a real gut there. Aren't you supposed to run or train a bit on your own or something when you are not playing, getting paid millions of Euros (he'll make 4 a year at RM), and have tons of time on your hands?

Real also has Diogo on the right side, and really Sergio Ramos was a right side defender, now they are shifting him inwards, even converting him to holding mid. Noone is really there to challenge Roberto Carlos on the left, though, when Salgado on the right is actually playing with great energy and pride this year and RC is in a terrible decline. Indeed watch for the World Cup Brazil, I pick RC to be the one that puts their Cup bid at risk.

RM needs a good mid of the style of Guti, a more attacking one but hard working with playmaking (Ballack), and a physically strong classic striker in the box, like Morientes. With that and a bit of a kick in the butt they might actually get back into things.

quote:Originally posted by Jeffrey S.

Won't anyone say anything nice about Real Madrid so I can mock him

Somthing nice about Réal........hmmmmmmm.......they're not Chelski [}:)]

Ya okay they're really, really big and can afford to stockpile players ;) This transfer still makes no sense.

Archived