CPSL 2006 ?

EA21

I am not sure if there is a thread here about this or not.

Apparently from the web site there will be an International Divison. I was wondering if anyone knows what the format is for CPSL 2006?

Will there be just International based CPSL teams or will there be 2 divisions, an International Division and a Non-International division?

Any insight will be helpful.

It really all depends on how many teams are around.

There was a press conference back in September (press release) saying they wanted an International Division. And I guess a Canadian Division or something, as opposed to East-West.

The Int'l Division would have Toronto Croatia, Italia (Vaughan) Shooters, and Toronto Supra (Portuguese). At the press conference, ethnic teams mentioned were Chinese, Latino, Korean and Greek. None of those have been announced.

The other teams would be in the unnamed division. From the 12 teams in 2005, the three mentioned above would move into the Int'l Div. That leaves 9. Durham and Hamilton have been officially revoked. That leaves 7. I think somebody posted around here that Laval probably won't be back. That leaves 6 (North York, Oakville, Windsor, St. Catherines, Brampton and London).

There were rumours of a team in Rochestor, New York joining. I think a poster from there posted a couple times. Would Rochestor play in the International Division, or in the Canadian Division?

My head hurts...

Vaughan Shooters was renamed Italia Shooters. Reminds me of the old Washington Bullets joke. "Due to the violent image of the name, the team will now be know as ... the Shooters". Drum roll!!!

italia23-1.jpg

On a serious note, there are a few talented graphics peoples around here. Can one of you please donate a few hours and donate them a half-decent logo. Think of it as your gift to Canadian soccer. On behalf of Canadian soccer, thank-you in advance!!

I talked to C. Kaplan for Quebec Soccer sooner this month

He told me that they gave themselves 60 to 90 days in order to find teams

They hope to have 15-16, but the schedule will still be 11 games home + 11 away

So, Windsor won't travel to Laval anymore for example

quote:On a serious note, there are a few talented graphics peoples around here. Can one of you please donate a few hours and donate them a half-decent logo. Think of it as your gift to Canadian soccer. On behalf of Canadian soccer, thank-you in advance!!

I tried - I even gave them a cleaned up version of the one they published (i.e. with only 1 shade of gold!) but no dice...

italiashooters.jpg

Archived