Alberta players?

Jason

Does anyone have any idea what happened to Chris Lemire and John Castrillion Jr.? They were both promising young players. It sounds like a few other decent Alberta players like Nick Zuniga, Rob Catana, and Waldo Dutra have put their pro ambitions on the shelf, but I haven't heard where these two have ended up.

On the same topic, is there any word if C.J. Peznecker will be returning to the Minnesota Thunder next year?

Jason

Chris Lemire is currently playing for Chile in the Edmonton & District Soccer Association's 1st Division...well below his ability, but it is important to his community. He may be going back to the Whitecaps for a trial in the spring.

Castrillion was in Germany for a time, but it doesn't seem to have panned out for him. He will be back at the U of A for 2006 - 07.

Waldo Dutra just finished his ACAC (Alberta Colleges Athletic Conference) season with NAIT, where they finished 3rd, I believe. He was named the CCAA Player of the Year. He is still a classy player...he is with Ital playing in the EDSA Major League. Too bad he didn't stick overseas.

quote:Originally posted by Sigma

Didn't Zuniga play in New Zealand for a spell? I know it was a player from Alberta, but I can't seem to remember who it was.

I believe he went to New Zealand to try out for the same club that the Mustangs keeper played for, but I don't think he made the club. Anyway, he is currently playing indoor soccer in Calgary this winter along with a bunch of other former pros.

Jason

quote:Originally posted by Sigma

Didn't Zuniga play in New Zealand for a spell? I know it was a player from Alberta, but I can't seem to remember who it was.

I believe he went to New Zealand to try out for the same club that the Mustangs keeper played for, but I don't think he made the club. Anyway, he is currently playing indoor soccer in Calgary this winter along with a bunch of other former pros.

Jason

Archived