Man Utd need to beat Benfica! [R]

argh1

Or not only the pride of Old Trafford will be hurt. Mr. Tampa Bay Buccaneers will lose up £15 million in potential income.

Sure would like to see Lille win and ManU lose just to watch United squirm a little [}:)]

I guess if Villarreal beat Lille and ManUre tie they can back into the knock-out stage [B)]

quote:Originally posted by argh1

Or not only the pride of Old Trafford will be hurt. Mr. Tampa Bay Buccaneers will lose up £15 million in potential income.

Sure would like to see Lille win and ManU lose just to watch United squirm a little [}:)]

Actually, whether Lille wins or draws makes no difference to Man United. United would have to win either way. So I'm cheering for a draw in the Lille match because it would be a shame for this exciting Villareal team not to advance in the UCL.

I have a feeling that United will be able to do enough to get a win in Lisbon. Hope not though.

Also, unlike last season, this year it looks to be a fairly big advantage to win your group. There's a few very ordinary sides who will be in that pot of second place finishers when the draw comes next week.

Archived