CPSL Play-off Schedual ??

It's 7:00pm and I still haven't heard.

The last I heard is that both games would be played on Wednesday night. Toronto Croatia is supposed to play Laval Dynamites but that team may not be willing to come to Toronto on a weeknight. One unlikely option would be to give the place to Toronto Supra or not play the game at all. For the owners of Croatia it's give up the live gate OR rest up for the wild card game on Friday plus possible semi-final Saturday and final Monday.

By going to the game Monday and seeing London City play (which means I've seen every team a minimum of four times this year), I decided to go to see Hamilton vs Windsor (played at The Soccer Centre in Vaughan I expect).

I think the league is waiting to the...last...possible...minute...for the Toronto Croatia announcement but that's no reason to hold back announcing the Hamilton game.

It's sometimes hard to be a fan.

Montreal-Toronto flight = $400 (probably less if they really tried)

20 people (players & coaches) = $8 000 for team (if they can't afford that one time...)

CPSL = priceless

For some things there's common sense, for everything else, the CPSL.

Okay that was pathetic, but they can fly from Montreal at 5, be in Toronto at 6, play the game at 7, be back on the plane by 10, and be home before the plane turns into a pumpkin at the stroke of midnight. Speaking of stro....ah nevermind.

anyone know what happened to the Rogers Cup,

don't see it mentioned anywhere ...

from the october 5, 2005 north york mirror :

sports page 13, paragraph 8

The Astros will take the field Friday at Esther Shiner Stadium at 8:00 pm

At press time the opponent was undetermined.

from the cpsl website

october 5, 2005 9:25 am

no frontpage article of the CPSL Championship

Guest HamiltonSteelers

I got off of the Border Stars supporters site that Hamilton/Windsor tilt is tonight at 8pm at Club Roma in St. Catherines.

So 5:00pm on Wednesday and I've just phoned Stan Adamson (director of media for the CPSL).

(earlier today I was assured there were no games on Wednesday).

This is the schedule:.....

Wednesday 9:00pm at Centennial Stadium in Etobicoke (Toronto) (where USL Toronto Lynx play):

Oakville Blue Devils vs Windsor Border Stars.

Thursday 8:30pm at Memorial Park in Streetsville (Mississauga)

Toronto Croatia vs Laval Dynamites

(only tentative? wow!) Dynamites are trying to line up a flight. This will be known tomorrow morning if this game is on or not. There will be no chance that Toronto Supra will be an alternative team brought in if Laval doesn't play.

Stan will be updating the website any moment now...

my comment: Looks like a killer week for Toronto Croatia if there is a game...Thursday quarterfinal, Friday wildcard, Saturday semi-final, Monday final.

quote:Originally posted by leekoo

anyone know what happened to the Rogers Cup,

don't see it mentioned anywhere ...

That's what this whole thread is about. :)

quote:Originally posted by leekoo

from the october 5, 2005 north york mirror :

sports page 13, paragraph 8

The Astros will take the field Friday at Esther Shiner Stadium at 8:00 pm

At press time the opponent was undetermined.

The fact that their opponent is undetermined is not strange (if that's what you were implying). They have to wait for the quarterfinal match to be played first.

quote:Originally posted by Rocket Robin

This is the schedule:.....

Wednesday 9:00pm at Centennial Stadium in Etobicoke (Toronto) (where USL Toronto Lynx play):

Oakville Blue Devils vs Windsor Border Stars.

Shouldn't that be Hamilton vs Windsor?

Yeah. That's what I expected. However when I thought about it and called back 10 minutes later, it was after 5:00pm and they were on voice mail.

The advantage of finishing first is a direct semi-final berth on Saturday.

I see the website hasn't been updated and I haven't received an e-mail.

OK. 6:50pm. and got it straightened out after another call to Stan Adamson...

It really will be Oakville playing tonight. Hamilton were awarded first place after their 0-0 tie game against Oakville on the weekend. There's been points deducted from Oakville because they used a player who had accumulated three Yellow cards and should have sat out that game.

The standings will be updated...

Hey Thunder fans....that means you don't have to drive here tonight!

quote:Originally posted by Rocket Robin

Hamilton were awarded first place after their 0-0 tie game against Oakville on the weekend.

WooHoo!

No home stadium.

Possibly no owner.

And still Western Conference Champions for the third year running!

It's a real testament to fan power [sob]...

or the ridiculousness of the current CPSL.

Mike.

Good question, Sigma.

Here's one for you. Which "professional" league allows an important play-off game to start 90 minutes late, decides to play just 35 minutes each way only to have the game finish early when the floodlights timer kicks in, leaving supporters in the dark both physically and figuratively?

You only get one guess...

Archived