Jump to content

CPSL Lowdown: Labour Day Soupy Stats


Recommended Posts

quote:Originally posted by soccerman2

LOL..No stats from me just some results.

Laval Dynimites 0-5 Windor Border stars.[:o)][:o)][:o)][:o)][:o)]

Vaughn Shooters 2-3 London City.[:o)][:o)][:o)]


Sunday - September 4, 2005

Border Stars’ forward Aaron Byrd single handedly demolished Laval Dynamites with a hat-trick in a 5-0 semifinal victory over the Quebec-based club to put his team in the Open Canada Cup final for the second year in succession, while in the second semifinal, Keith Andrew, the former Brampton midfielder, scored the winner for London City in the last kick of 90 minutes and 30 minutes of overtime to put his side in the final with a 3-2 victory. It will be London City’s second time in the final following their 2003 win over Metro Lions.

The two teams meet Labour Day Monday back at Cove Road in London, a 4.08 pm kickoff following the final of the Women's Canada Cup on the same ground at 1.08 pm.

Byrd scored at 27, 31 and 72 minutes, his 7th, 8th and 9th of the season for the team that draws support from both sides of the Canada-U.S. border, while Tati Errecalde at 56 minutes and Radek Papiez scored the other two, leaving Les Dynamites no opportunity to rally for a late attempt to save the one-sided encounter.

Each team had a player ejected. Laval midfielder Francis Agyei was sent off following a second yellow card at 44 minutes and Border Stars’ goalkeeper Anthony Santilli was given a red card for violent conduct at the 67 minutes.

Border Stars won the Open Canada Cup in their inaugural 2004 season when they defeated Ottawa St. Anthony Italia on penalty kicks following overtime.

The London City tussle with Vaughan Shooters was in doubt throughout following an opening goal by Shooters’ Stalin Cardenas at 35 minutes and tying goal by London City’s Miguel Knox at three minutes later for a 1-1 score at the interval. Vaughan striker Jason De Thomasis scored his 11th of the season to put his team 2-1 up at the 48th minute mark and Dennis Peeters brought London back into the game with a tying goal at the 63 minutes.

London lost Rob Della Croce on a second yellow card after 76 minutes and the home side played with 10 men to the end of regulation time and almost the end of overtime heading into penalty kicks when Andrew scored the winner for a 3-2 final score.

Link to comment
Share on other sites


This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Create New...