2006 Toronto Lynx

big fan

Toronto will be back. Coaches....Well Huberts is doing what ever he can but it seems like he is "buddy buddy" with the players. Maybe someone with more experiance. I still regret the Duncan situation:(Players.....we have a good group I think if we keep some of the pieces and add we can improve. Owners.......Well we wont get new owners and with the same two bozo's running the show we wont keep our players or wont get better onces and we will keep the same coach. Stadium= MLS.

I think the media in Toronto has to begin to cover this team.... it's a Professional team!!!! well, i guess if they wont even cover Mens national baskettball i would be insane for thinking they would cover soccer!!!!

as far as players... i think we have a decent crop (Wyn stay!!!), but our home pitch is like playing in someones backyard.... theres no room for movement.

quote:Originally posted by zacRWE

I think the media in Toronto has to begin to cover this team.... it's a Professional team!!!! well, i guess if they wont even cover Mens national baskettball i would be insane for thinking they would cover soccer!!!!

as far as players... i think we have a decent crop (Wyn stay!!!), but our home pitch is like playing in someones backyard.... theres no room for movement.

The Toronto media was actually out at their media day this year in force....probably because they had nothing better to do without hockey. Remember a year ago at the same time the Leafs were in the Play-offs. With that said, just because the Lynx are in a professional league does not mean they are "professional." The blame should be laid on the franchaise before the media. As far as professionalism goes the Lynx organization is not even close to being on the same page as Vancouver or Montreal. Every year the Lynx are off to "a new beginning." It's really become a joke. Media Guides and Press passes on xerox paper and names printed with a black sharpie...are you kidding me. How much is a digital camera, a colour printer and a laminator??? The Lynx need to at least give the impression off the field they want compete with the other "professional" teams in this city even if the product on the pitch is suffering.

Players always complaining about contracts up in the air or not being paid at all. That in itself worries me when I hear stories of certain people who run university programs that have Lynx players who have to chase after the Hartrell's for money is not good. The rumours of said owners just using the team as a tax write off is not good either. The game will never further in this city if the owners are not committed completely to the project.

At this point I would be very surprised if they are around next year.

quote:Originally posted by zacRWE

The Toronto media was actually out at their media day this year in force....probably because they had nothing better to do without hockey. Remember a year ago at the same time the Leafs were in the Play-offs. With that said, just because the Lynx are in a professional league does not mean they are "professional." The blame should be laid on the franchaise before the media. As far as professionalism goes the Lynx organization is not even close to being on the same page as Vancouver or Montreal. Every year the Lynx are off to "a new beginning." It's really become a joke. Media Guides and Press passes on xerox paper and names printed with a black sharpie...are you kidding me. How much is a digital camera, a colour printer and a laminator??? The Lynx need to at least give the impression off the field they want compete with the other "professional" teams in this city even if the product on the pitch is suffering.

Players always complaining about contracts up in the air or not being paid at all. That in itself worries me when I hear stories of certain people who run university programs that have Lynx players who have to chase after the Hartrell's for money is not good. The rumours of said owners just using the team as a tax write off is not good either. The game will never further in this city if the owners are not committed completely to the project.

At this point I would be very surprised if they are around next year.

Archived