Sulentic rumour

boban

Presumably Germany, since that's where Johnny's playing these days. I've never actually seen Sulentic play, since his only national team cap was non-televised (Barbados friendly in 2004) and the Caps are rarely on TV. How good is this guy?

quote:Originally posted by MikeD

Presumably Germany, since that's where Johnny's playing these days. I've never actually seen Sulentic play, since his only national team cap was non-televised (Barbados friendly in 2004) and the Caps are rarely on TV. How good is this guy?

Don't believe he's started yet this season, though he came off the bench after only 12 minutes in Pauli's last match and has scored coming on as a sub already this season. I would say he'll need to become a little more established at Pauli before a 1. Bundesliga team makes a serious move, though I don't doubt that they've poked around looking at him.

quote:Originally posted by MikeD

Don't believe he's started yet this season, though he came off the bench after only 12 minutes in Pauli's last match and has scored coming on as a sub already this season. I would say he'll need to become a little more established at Pauli before a 1. Bundesliga team makes a serious move, though I don't doubt that they've poked around looking at him.

If I understand the online translation (always fun) of an article posted on the club's website today, he in just getting over the flu and will be a last-minute decision, for their next match.

Good news is that St. Pauli are on track for promotion but it is way too early to get excited yet.

"18.08.2005

Sulentic: flu auskuriert, last chance for season tickets interested parties

Ive "Johnny" Sulentic is after a flu again healthy and for season tickets interested parties remains only until Saturday time a season ticket to buy itself. Ive „Johnny Sulentic is returned after overcome flu today again into the team-training. The Kanadier had paused three days. Its use at the Saturday in the DFB-Pokalspiel against Wacker castle houses is nevertheless open. Trainer Andreas miner will decide short-termed whether Sulentic will be in the Kader.

Last chance for season tickets interested parties of the season tickets-sales of the FC St. Pauli ends at the coming Saturday after the game against castle houses. Interested parties should however if possible, already tomorrow the way into the cards center will find, because at the game day as you know long snakes will form themselves.

Facts, facts, facts important reference: the DFB-cup-party against castle houses does not begin around 14.30 clock and how originally planned at 15 o'clock. Moreover the south curve-section is not opened for St. Pauli-fans. Until now more than 8000 cards were dropped. And: the sold out camouflage-tricots will be as of the end of August again available"

http://www.fcstpauli.de/index.php?we_objectID=881

So someone brand new to the forum put up a vague statement with no supporting evidence. I hope he's right but the guy has zero credibility around here at this point. Show me some kind of evidence. Otherwise, this post is about as useful as a T&T or USA fan (as examples) showing up and starting "Canada sucks at soccer" thread.

It would also help if he knew how to spell Canadian correctly.

Jason

quote:Originally posted by Jason

So someone brand new to the forum put up a vague statement with no supporting evidence. I hope he's right but the guy has zero credibility around here at this point. Show me some kind of evidence. Otherwise, this post is about as useful as a T&T or USA fan (as examples) showing up and starting "Canada sucks at soccer" thread.

Jason

Dude, you're stealing my gimmick, except I do it nicer :)

quote:Originally posted by Jason

Jason

Something got your knickers in a twist?

Jeez.

Are you guys always this friendly to new posters? No wonder this board gets such a crappy rep at times.

He clearly stated it was a "rumour." Just something to initiate a little friendly conversation.

Instead of joining in, you trash his "credibility" and demand proof.

Take it easy there Judge Judy. This is a soccer discussion board, not the god damn Supreme Court. Lighten up!

As for Sulentic, he is quite talented, very speedy and an excellent playmaker. Great ball control on the ground too.

My one complaint is that he seemed a little greedy with the ball at times, and reluctant to shoot... mind you, last year's Caps under former coach Tony Fonseca were all</u> reluctant to shoot.

Based on what I have seen, I would rank Sulentic as an above average player for USL\MLS. Perhaps he's improved overseas, but I'm not sure he's got the juice for Euro Div 1 play.

FYI, Sulentic started the 1st game of the season & received 2 yellows so he sat out the 2nd game of the season. The 3rd game came on as a sub in the 12minute. This past week had the flu & did not dress in today's 1st round German Cup game vs Wacker Burghausen (in 2nd div), which St.Pauli won 3-2 in overtime. They were leading 2-0 @ one point. He should be in the line on Aug 23 vs Fortuna Düsseldorf. Sulentic has scored 1 goal & set a few. The coach has him playing foward & in the midfield. Given a chance to play for Canada I think this kid would be good the playmaker for them. This guy a pure playmaker & can score goals. I've seem him score some wonderful goals when he was playing for the Whitecaps. I have not heard of any rumors of team(s) being interestd in his services, if you have let us know. :D

Archived