Soccer Double Headers

quote:Originally posted by jaydog2006

The furys next home game is a double header i plan on going but i am not a huge fan of this.That is alot of soccer anyone agree.

It does seem quite a lot for one afternoon. If I wasn't already busy that day, I'd be a little leery about going to both games.

I bet you see very few people stick around or do both.

But it does allow the club to artifically boost the day's attendance. So if only 250 show up for the PDL and 750 show up for the W-league then you can boast that a 1000 fans showed up for your PDL game.

And that would be BS.

I've been to a few double-headers and I usually enjoy them. It depends on the quality of the games, the weather and (at my age) the quality of the stadium's seating. If it's a pleasant day and you're stuck in the city, what better place is there to spend your afternoon?

Two soccer games is the same length of time as one baseball game.

Forgot to mention, I especially like double headers if they're both games that I would have gone to see anyway, as was the case with the men's/women's Aviators DHs last year. It's less time-consuming and cheaper to see both games in one outing.

With men's and women's double-headers the styles of play are different enough that it's often a refreshing change going from one to the other. Especially if you appreciate the unique characteristics of each. Also with the Aviators last year, we had one team that lost almost all of its games and one team that won most of them. So it was a little less despiriting seeing the women's game right before/after the men's game.

I attended the triple header in Boston at the last Gold Cup, (couldn't even get a beer as I left my ID in the car). the Francophonie games in Ottawa had six games for one price (all the same day, I think i managed to see 4 and half games.

For the Fury double headers, I might catch the end of one game and watch the second.

Archived