May 27 - Vancouver vs. Virginia Beach [R]

DJT

Tonight the Caps had to come back from a 1-0 deficit, but that was easy to do against a poor Virginia team which played two nights earlier and was missing its best striker and a starting defender. Steve Klein, Jason Jordan and Gordie Lyall were the best Caps on the night, actually they were the only ones to play well. Tonight's performance was a case of the Caps playing down to the level of its opponent.

The coach side 5 subs tonight, but Valente was not one of them. Valente as captain last year, but leads the cheerleaders this season.

Gjertsen started in plqce of Corazzin last game and played very well. Tonight Corazzin started and did little. Gjertsen subbed on in the second half and played poorly.

Chris Franks started his first game and was awful in the first half, his worst performance ever in blue and white. He's suffering from a lack of confidence and playing time.

quote:Originally posted by analyst

Tonight's performance was a case of the Caps playing down to the level of its opponent.

I know it's fairly early on in the season but that's exactly the sort of thing you don't like to read. Some nights are just like that, especially when the coach makes a lot of sub's throughout the match, but still.

Rather have heard the 'Caps dominated the 1st half and sort of coasted in the 2nd as players and formations were shuffled about for the remainder of an already secured victory.

Nope. Don't like those sort of reports about teams with ambitions of championships.

quote:Originally posted by Breakwood

I was watching Sportsnet News this morning, and to my suprise the caps game was the first story even ahead of the Jays. It's good to see the USL getting some actual coverage even if it is the ****ecaps ;)

It's coming brother, keep spreading the gospel.

I don't know whether it's the lack of NHL to cover but the FA Cup, CL, USL-1 coverage by our "sports" channels has been above par. In some circumstances I realize that they've been hi-liteing their own franchise (as far as broadcast rights). But I have noticed this spring an increase in the amount and importance of soccer on the "hi-lites" shows.

Archived