Mark Rogers

PSG

I'm currently trying to find out what's happened to Mark. He's still with Stevenage Borough of the Nationwide Conference but hasn't featured in the first team for some time. He's been a regular in the reserves and managed a couple of goals. The club was recently in the play-off final at Stoke's Britannia Stadium against Carlisle but lost 1-0. He wasn't in the matchday squad. As soon as I find out more, I'll post here. I guess it'll be a long time before we see Mark in the red strip of the nats again.

He was injured for most of the English Conference season. By the time he returned late in the season, the squad was doing so well that the manager didn't risk putting Rogers back in.

Don't worry, I'd fully expect Rogers to feature again next season.

By the way, Stevenage goalkeeper Mark Westhead was recently interviewed by the Non-League Paper, in which he chose a "Non-League XI made up entirely of players he's played with or against in the semi-pro game". Westhead selected Mark Rogers as one of the centre-halves, with the following blurb: "The first of several current teammates to make my line-up goes in as my sweeper. Mark's a whole-hearted player who's as good as you get at Conference level. The Canadian has had a lot of league experience with Wycombe, where we first played together, and he's also represented his country. He's a great communicator and the type of player who never lets you down."

• 3 weeks later...

Just seen this on the SBFC official website:

Stevenage Borough have confirmed that the contracts of Mark Rogers and Jon Brady have not been renewed for next season.

Mark Rogers, the Canadian international, suffered from a series of injury set backs last season and the emergence of Ronnie Henry made it easier for Graham Westley to release him

Archived