May 13 - U20 Friendly - Canada vs Honduras [R]

Ottawa, Ontario – Canada’s Men’s Youth Team tied Honduras in an international friendly played in New Orleans, Louisiana on Friday, May 13th.

After falling behind by a goal to Honduras in the 19th minute, Canada’s Will Johnson equalized on a penalty in the 36th minute.

“This was a quality international preparation match with a fast and competitive pace,” said head coach Dale Mitchell. “Overall, it was a good performance by the team.”

Canada will travel to Blaine, Minnesota on Saturday to face the United States on Wednesday, May 18.

Canada is preparing for the upcoming FIFA World Youth Championship Netherlands 2005 where they will compete in Group E against Columbia, Italy, and Syria. Canada will play its opening match on June 12th against Syria before playing Columbia on the 15th. Canada’s final match in the group stage is against Italy on June 18th.

Friday, May 13, 2005 – International friendly

New Orleans, Louisiana

Canada 1(1)

Honduras 1(1)

Goals – Canada: Johnson (36, PK); Honduras (19)

Canada: 1-WAGENAAR, Joshua; 2-STEWART, Vince; 4-HAINAULT, Andrew; 6-SCHIAVONI, Carlo (13-LALLI, Franco, 60); 8-ROSENLUND, Tyler (7-PETERS, Jaime, 46); 9-GYAKI, Ryan; 10-JOHNSON, Will; 12-O'NEILL, Riley; 15-PEETOOM, Brad; 16-RAMALHO, Graham; 17-CHAROWSKI, Tomasz; Head Coach-Dale Mitchell

quote:Originally posted by bc_soccer_fan

Ottawa, Ontario – Canada’s Men’s Youth Team tied Honduras in an international friendly played in New Orleans, Louisiana on Friday, May 13th.

After falling behind by a goal to Honduras in the 19th minute, Canada’s Will Johnson equalized on a penalty in the 36th minute.

“This was a quality international preparation match with a fast and competitive pace,” said head coach Dale Mitchell. “Overall, it was a good performance by the team.”

Canada will travel to Blaine, Minnesota on Saturday to face the United States on Wednesday, May 18.

Canada is preparing for the upcoming FIFA World Youth Championship Netherlands 2005 where they will compete in Group E against Columbia, Italy, and Syria. Canada will play its opening match on June 12th against Syria before playing Columbia on the 15th. Canada’s final match in the group stage is against Italy on June 18th.

Friday, May 13, 2005 – International friendly

New Orleans, Louisiana

Canada 1(1)

Honduras 1(1)

Goals – Canada: Johnson (36, PK); Honduras (19)

Canada: 1-WAGENAAR, Joshua; 2-STEWART, Vince; 4-HAINAULT, Andrew; 6-SCHIAVONI, Carlo (13-LALLI, Franco, 60); 8-ROSENLUND, Tyler (7-PETERS, Jaime, 46); 9-GYAKI, Ryan; 10-JOHNSON, Will; 12-O'NEILL, Riley; 15-PEETOOM, Brad; 16-RAMALHO, Graham; 17-CHAROWSKI, Tomasz; Head Coach-Dale Mitchell

Why are these games not being played in Canada? New Orleans? I mean the WNT won't go near Montreal for some silly freaking reason, at least the CSA could do would be to have the U-20's play in Montreal to create some interest in the U-20 WC team.

I am alone in this?

Maybe Honduras is training in the Southeast of the USA and I don't think that Honduras would send their team to Canada just for one game. As for the game in Blaine, I prefer that our players play against the US in the US, better experience for them in front of a good away crowd.

New Orleans has the highest Honduran population outside of the country, apparently numbering 100,000. That's why the game was in New Orleans.

In a perfect world we'd play a home pre-U20 WYC friendly, but I'm just happy we're playing friendlies period no matter where they are.

cheers,

matthew

quote:Originally posted by matthew

New Orleans has the highest Honduran population outside of the country, apparently numbering 100,000. That's why the game was in New Orleans.

In a perfect world we'd play a home pre-U20 WYC friendly, but I'm just happy we're playing friendlies period no matter where they are.

cheers,

matthew

Well I guess I am. You can't lay blame for the lack of a pro league at the feet of the CSA, but you can when it comes to our National team programs. No games in Canada means no press, no interested beside this board. It's time that the managers who run the programs are held accountable for the lack of games being played in this country.

And that is why the CSA is useless, not for Lynx drawing flies or the failure in Edmonton or Calgary.

The U-20 is heading for ANOTHER WC and no one knows.

SAD.

quote:Originally posted by G-Man

Well I guess I am. You can't lay blame for the lack of a pro league at the feet of the CSA, but you can when it comes to our National team programs. No games in Canada means no press, no interested beside this board. It's time that the managers who run the programs are held accountable for the lack of games being played in this country.

And that is why the CSA is useless, not for Lynx drawing flies or the failure in Edmonton or Calgary.

The U-20 is heading for ANOTHER WC and no one knows.

SAD.

Those kids should be in the CSA spotlight, not a failed stadium at York.

Archived