Bashing Soccer Fans

aussoccerfan

quote:Originally posted by aussoccerfan

At lunchtime at school today,

A couple of my friends were talking about those soccer hooligans in Europe, and now they think that anyone who really likes soccer, is a soccer hooligan criminal.

What do you all think ?

I hate you and I want to kill you. :D

A couple of my friends were talking about those soccer hooligans in Europe, and now they think that anyone who really likes soccer, is a soccer hooligan criminal.

What do you all think ?

I think you should have kicked the crap out of them.

Sorry, couldn't resist ;)

Why ?

I told my friends different, but what I said fell on deaf ears.

If they were your friends, they were probably trying to tease you. I'm sure they realize that you are not a crazed hooligan. Unless you constantly torment the chess club.

quote:Originally posted by Danny Boy

If they were your friends, they were probably trying to tease you. I'm sure they realize that you are not a crazed hooligan. Unless you constantly torment the chess club.

I torment No One.

They had heard about that incident in Italy recently, and they now all think soccer fans are bad. What makes this even stranger, is that one of them plays soccer. They didn't even say it to me, I overheard it from a distance, then went over and had an argument with them.

Guest HamiltonSteelers

Your friends are ignorant.

If any of them play football, stay away from them because they carry a gun. If baseball, keep checking their lockers for steroids. If hockey, don't let them put you in a headlock or they'll maliciously break your neck. If basketball, they will probably start a fight to show that 'they're a man' but won't be able to connect a punch (so you'll likely be OK).

Do you see where I'm going with this yet?

I'm jealous.......you have friends that admit soccer is sport and even bring it up in conversation? I've got one guy who plays goal for Amherst United that shows up at work Sunday nights 'cuz we have satellite thus RSN Pacific and we take over the Pre-Trip Maintence shop break room for the mechanics from midnight 'till 2 to watch Spanish soccer. Nah the mechanics love it, honest never an unkind word....of course I'm not on thier back to get buddy's truck on the road either. ;)

EDIT: If I have any bosses lurking. I'm not really wasting time.....I'm helping the mechanics prioritize the scheduling of the repairs to maximize the best use of equipment thus keeping the optimum amount of vehicles in service.......yeah that's it.

quote:Originally posted by HamiltonSteelers

Your friends are ignorant.

If any of them play football, stay away from them because they carry a gun. If baseball, keep checking their lockers for steroids. If hockey, don't let them put you in a headlock or they'll maliciously break your neck. If basketball, they will probably start a fight to show that 'they're a man' but won't be able to connect a punch (so you'll likely be OK).

Do you see where I'm going with this yet?

I don't understand a word that you're saying.

quote:I don't understand a word that you're saying.

That's because you're six years old. Next time, just throw your Snackaroos at them. :)

I'm just kidding. My students drove me up the wall today and I'm in an evil mood [}:)]

What do you all think ?

Many are hooligans unfortunately and Canada is not exempt. I have seen some appallingly bad behaviour at the highest youth and senior amateur soccer levels in Ontario and BC. Fortunately such people are a minority in the soccer community but they are there and they do spoil it for the rest of us. The best thing you can do is to set an example of impeccable behaviour yourself both on and off the field because there is nothing else you can do on your own to change those other people.

Archived