Apr 10 Friendly: St. Anthonys (Ott) v Toronto Lynx

Its just amazing we have the fury pdl team yet to hear very littlete the past couple of weeks about the pre-season plan and the upcoming season.And then we have these primer teams who have set up exh game vs the a-league team this is one of those things that makes you wounder.

Why drive 5 hours to play a local club team? Why not play a CPSL team closer to Toronto? Also why not get 2 games in if you are coming down, play Royals or Fury on the Saturday and St. Ant's the Sunday. Also, playing on Minto is ridiculous, they should have rented Ottawa U or somewhere else, that pitch is terrible.

quote:Originally posted by dalglish07

Why drive 5 hours to play a local club team? Why not play a CPSL team closer to Toronto? Also why not get 2 games in if you are coming down, play Royals or Fury on the Saturday and St. Ant's the Sunday. Also, playing on Minto is ridiculous, they should have rented Ottawa U or somewhere else, that pitch is terrible.

Fury could NOT even feild an indoor team at this point let alone 11.

Yes Hubert coached St. Ant's. Still 5 hours on a bus for one game against a team who isn't anything special. I'd rather play a CPSL team from Toronto then travel to Ottawa to play. Have an exhibition in your own city and start to get the fans on board. Why not have St. Anthony's travel to Toronto?!?!?

Have you played on Minto? It is crap. Terrible turf. I wouldn't want pro players playing on that. Istanbul players yes, pro players, no.

St.anthonys is anything special wow big words.St.anthonys would give any cpsl team a run for there money.With thats said the lynx need to gain interest from fans out side of toronto spread the word it is very possible ottawa could be there new home in the next few years so yes this is a good idea.Aslo teams like going out of town for there exh games its a chance from them to do some team building prior to the season.

Sigma... you read my mind.

I was just about to post saying shouldn't we be talking about the match-up against Rochester?! The trip to Ottawa is very much secondary compared to the one and only real test for the Lynx in pre-season (the Rhinos). Following that match, I trust the game in Ottawa will be irrelevant for the Lynx - probably a chance to have a look at a few guys that are on the bublle for making the team or starting... and from the sounds of it, if they're to play on concrete - starters won't be looking to get in the game.

No disrespect, but a St Anthony's team that plays in the Ottawa Carleton soccer league isn't exactly a prize exhibition match for anybody.

quote:Originally posted by The Big Smoke

No disrespect, but a St Anthony's team that plays in the Ottawa Carleton soccer league isn't exactly a prize exhibition match for anybody.

I wouldn't be so sure about that easy victory for the Lynx. If it is the same group that played last summer, they may surprise you.

And, if the team is loaded with the ex-Wizard players from Ottawa, the Lynx may be heading home with two losses this weekend.

Same team as last summer. 3-0 loss and Lynx played mostly a 2nd string unit. St. Ant's have a lot of good players but they've won the league once in the last 15 years and that was without all the Wizard talent. Royals like it or not, and I don't, have been the powerhouse team. Sure St. Ant's had a good Canada Cup run but in the end they didn't win. Just like they didn't win the league or the Ontario Cup. St. Ant's talk a good game but in the end they produce very little.

And no matter what anyone says Minto is crap!!!!

Mintofield for the most part does not host much soccer at all.But football it is home 2 ont varsity teams the ottawa decons of the empire football league and the jr riders of the ofc and the ottawa sooners.It is aslo home to high school and minor football.With ottawa hosting the ont summer games next year mintofield will be one of the fields for soccer.

Apparently the 2 center backs for the Lynx were VERY strong. Can't remember the names but the ex MLS defender of the year was impressive. Apparently they did not allow scoring chances or get beat. The one chance St. Ant's had was a long range shot. Local Ottawa kid Huffman I was told had a great 20 minutes and looked real good.

Archived