Article on Uccello and his return to Savona

Alberto

On the Savona Web Site Julian Uccello was Interviewed after his Return from Honduras and his experience with the National team.

http://www.savonaclub.it/index.php?post_id=828

http://www.savonaclub.it/vistadaloro/2004-05/uccello/vistadaloro.php

In the interview basic translation

To the eve of the most difficult game tommorrow we have interviewed bomber the biancoblù Julian Uccello, the Italian-Canadian has told in short, but interesting one, a history to us: from the beginnings in Canada, to the first experiences to the foreign country until the landing place in Italy in the row of the Milan. With twelve goal so far this season, is a pleasant surprise of this season in which the Savona has entrusted the young boy here in Savona. Julian, the young boy who knows what he wants...

Question: Julian, your last name is clearly Italian, tells us your origins to us?

My mother is from Bari and all of her family, and my father is from Calabria, my parents were born in Canada but all our other relatives were born here in Italy, my grandfather moved to Canada after the last war and he remained there for work. I was born in Canada to Toronto.

Question: How you have begun to play to soccer?

At three years of age I played with other children for fun, then my father become my mister & trainer and from him he trained to me until the age of fifteen years, and i have learned alot since I have been here.

Question; After you left Canada wher did you go?

I have been in England with the Manchester United oragnaization and also with Bolton, two societies that supports in the Premier League, I was there several months but not successful to residency rules and therefore I could not remain. I still did not have the Italian passport and therefore it was diffucult to stay. Since I have come in Italy and the past year I have been in the Milan organization, it was a beautiful experience with them also. I and the teams must work hard to win games here as we are not young kids anymore.

Question: The past year you have played in the Caps of the Milan team?

How many goals you have made?

Yes I have played a total of two hundred minutes in all of last year and I have scored 7 goals.

Question: Did You know about our city before arriving here?

No, I knew that the society was degraded from the C2 to the D but I knew that was a good society and have made this choice.

Question: How is it you came to Savona?

The Sig. Vittorio Panucci was the one to make a proposal to the Milan organization, the rossonera society are the card holder and owner of my destiny, they decided to send to me here.

Question: Are You pleased of your expereince here and are useful for your career? ,

Yes content of being to Savona here, it is the beautiful society, even if there is some problem, and it will be one important experience for my future.

Question; tells us your recent experience with the national team?

All went well and we qualified to the next round winning all of the 3 games. I did not play in the first of the 2 games but was ask to play int he last game. The team is much united, like the Savona club, and wants to win! In June we will have the final phase of world-wide under the 20 in Holland and I hope, less any accidents, to be present.

Question: How did you feel when you heard the your national anthem?

It was Beautiful, and I will never forget it for the rest of my life.

Question: Of the twelve goals that you have marked until this moment which one is the more of the others?

Sure that one of Trino, a beautifulst goal that I will remember myself for some time until I make another one better.

Question: What is your objective for the next season?

To return to the Milan?

I do not know it, depends from what the Milan will decide of me as I have a ties with the Milan society until 2006. We hope that their choice is good also for me.

Question: Your dream is to make brace with Shevcenko...

I hope to arrive to that level, but there is still much road to make, must work in order to improve.

Question: Your parents are content of the fact that you want to make the soccer player? Do They help you? ,

They help me so much, also they have the passion of soccer. Once ansd a while my father comes here in Italy to see to me, my mother no as she fears to fly. They help me to be calm even if I am alone here.

Question: Are you engaged? ,

Yes, she is a Canadian girl but of abruzzesi origins, we see each very little but soccer is my engagement the two dont agree. Joking of course!

Question: You live with Caredda and Pagniello, tell us your life to us in the city?

Caredda is the best, is like my brother now, we are two crazy guys and we amuse ourselves. If one of the two has problems we know that it can be counted on the other. Every day we go in center, a coffee, an aperitif... but then when the game arrives we are always and focus to concentrate to the Savona .. it is nice and very united.

Question: Someone recognizes you?

Yes, sometimes but I am here to play futbol not to be a star.

Question: Would you be happy if there where more people watching your games at home!

When there is more people the team and myself puts more determination to please them, more it wants, the better. Speciallyt hearing them chant there songs its spectacular. We must try to make people return.

Question: How you see the future of the championship?

We will save ourselves I am sure, is a hard, every game left you can win or lose but if the team is not prepared then it matter nothing and we go no where.

Question: And tomorrow with Cuneo how do you see it?

We are prepared very well for this match, and we have to be ready and sharp to beat them, if not then can strike us in defeat. I am well and not tired, I have recovered from my travels for the games of the national team.

Nice interview, thanks for the translation Alberto. graci.

Savona is a great little city, in the middle of a tourist belt, but very real (on the coast west of Genoa). They have a great youth hostel in a classic Castle 10 minutes walk to the west of downtown run by a friendly family (they have great meals, cheap, there in a beautiful large dining area overlooking the bay), and immediately to the west of that is a boardwalk along a great beach. They often have free concerts or festivals in the large courtyard of the castle. The city is reasonably priced for the area, Genoa to the east is expensive, as is the Italian Riviera to the west. On the waterfront near the centre of town they have an amazing fish market in the mornings. If you like road biking, there is a great bike (you can rent bikes near the castle) along the coastal highway along the cliffs east of town, with great little places to walk down to the rocks or little beaches for a quick refreshing dip. I have been there a few times, would recommend it as a place to drop in, kick back and relax, nice foil to the more touristy and glamourous areas in that corner of Europe.

Beaches very well done you know it well but you forgot some things that i would like to add to your fantastic comments great surf boarding and sailing, excellent waterpolo team and wind surfing as well as 5calcio. Nice Girls too~ specially summer

you must have been on the BEACHES of Savona great area but not as nice as here in COMO with all the Ferrari's.

quote:Originally posted by marcl_19

i dont know much about uccello, but judging by the article he is on loan there from ac milan? up until now i hadnt known that.

Yes on loan til the end of this year then back to Milan for one more year till 2006 Maybe first team by then!

quote:Originally posted by Alberto

Beaches very well done you know it well but you forgot some things that i would like to add to your fantastic comments great surf boarding and sailing, excellent waterpolo team and wind surfing as well as 5calcio. Nice Girls too~ specially summer

you must have been on the BEACHES of Savona great area but not as nice as here in COMO with all the Ferrari's.

Couldn't afford to stay long in Como, I'm just a budget traveller. Not a rich agent with gold rings and cuban cigars like you;). Yes, a lot of nice girls there, esepcially the Swiss ones that come down for the sea, and the signoritas from Turinoh[:P]

Who would have made the decision about him being allowed to travel to the U20 tournament? Usually the loan team would decide with a professional player but with a youth player the owning team may have a fair bit of say. In terms of player development it is in Milan's interest for him to play in the tournament as his absence only hurts Savona and has no effect on Milan's clubs even at the youth level.

quote:Originally posted by Grizzly

Who would have made the decision about him being allowed to travel to the U20 tournament? Usually the loan team would decide with a professional player but with a youth player the owning team may have a fair bit of say. In terms of player development it is in Milan's interest for him to play in the tournament as his absence only hurts Savona and has no effect on Milan's clubs even at the youth level.

Actually No, the decision is the player ultimitally youth or not. If the players does not want to go he wont. Any players who wishes to represent its association cannot not be stop by a club or clubs in its asscoaiton he plays for, it should be an obligation, an honor to particapate, far obstecales outside the leagues play.

Provided it meets certain critreas based on absence.

Yes Julian team got hurt but its he that wanted to go. Milan would support by release him and also the Savona club as all clubs must.

If the player is ask to go and i believe he should but should he decide not to he is liable to punishment if its within the laws of Fifa, provided that there no excuse from health reasons or outside of his league of play.

Only the Association requested can complain to Fifa but its not often enough done.

Beaches

Those swiss one are mermaids, I have seen them. I am not an agent no ring and single and in the advertising business but old, have many connection to loyal people.

and yes the cuban is always nice once and a while specially watching a game!

Archived