Canucks in Germany (Jan 21st thru Jan 27th)

Guest Ed

Paul Stalteri sits out the first match of the back round as he was shown red in the last game. He will miss a big game tomorrow against his buddy Ailton and FC Schalke 04 who will be trying to keep pace with Bayern Munich who won tonight vs Hamburger SV.

Thousands of American fans will be looking for a pbp of Bayer Leverkusen visiting Hannover 96 on Sunday as they watch for the Bundesliga debut of Landon Donovan. No midfield matchup with Julian is in the works as Tarnat is out for a month and Julian will be used as cover at left back. Another big game as Hannover 96 and Bayer Leverkusen are 7th and 8th respectively, separated by only 2 points.

Tam Nsaliwa and 1.FC Saarbruecken are the surprise team in the 1st half in the Bundesliga 2 and play RW Erfurt away on Sunday.

Ryan Thomson is now with the reserves of RW Essen. The big club is at the bottom of the table in the Bundesliga 2 and need a major turn around to stay in the pro leagues. Ryan's team is playing in the Landesligen (5th division).

quote:Originally posted by Sigma

Ed, I have a question for you.

Could you direct me to a site that has standings for the area around Mainz? Especially Saulheim? I think they have a team called FSV 1946 Saulheim.

Thanks

Here's a couple. The club itself is at:

www.fsv-saulheim.de

and teams and standings for leagues around Mainz can be found here: FSV Saulheim is in the "Bezirksklasse RheinHessen (8th division?):

http://www.swfv-rheinhessen.de/Mannschaften.htm

You can also check for links to papers or clubs around Mainz by going to 'mainz.de' and looking for links in the 'Freizeit/Sport' category.

Archived