Provincial Registration Fees for Youth Players

analyst

Can you tell me how much your Provincial Soccer Association charges per youth player? IN BC the fees per player vary from $9 for minis to $19 for older youth, but they want to increase it to $15 to $26 per player. BCSA says its youth fees are the third lowest in Canada.

This is what BCSA says about other Provinces.

Alberta - Mini fee of $12 and $14 for other youth teams plus $34.75 per player for competitions. How many teams in Alberta pay the team competition fee.

Ontario - mini fee of $8 and older youth fee of $24.

Saskatchewan - mini fee of $9 and older yoth fee of $22.

Manitoba - youth fee of $19. Does Mnitoba have a mini fee and if so what is it? BCSA also says that Manitoba charges a $300 fee per team for competitions. How many teams pay this team fee?

Quebec - BCSoccer did not provide any details abourt Quebec. What does QSA charge?

The matter of fees always gets me upset. At least in BC the provincial association does diddle squat for the run of mill club players. The only administration provided is insurance coverage. Same or better coverage can be obtained privately and hence no need to register provincially. The catch that the province has is that if the club does not register its players with them, no registered referees are allowed to do their games. Talking about monopoly!

Massimo thanks for the info about Quebec. $10 bucks per youth player.

Ref, the BCSA does more for youth players. The BCSA full-time coaches are involved in coaching the Provincial all-star teams, and the BCSA pays for refs for all the high level youth Provincial Cup games. Just not sure its good value for what gets charged.

quote:Originally posted by analyst

Massimo thanks for the info about Quebec. $10 bucks per youth player.

Ref, the BCSA does more for youth players. The BCSA full-time coaches are involved in coaching the Provincial all-star teams, and the BCSA pays for refs for all the high level youth Provincial Cup games. Just not sure its good value for what gets charged.

You are right. But I am not talking about all-star players, I am talking about club players. They pay the same as select players. Referees for club games are paid by the clubs not the BC SA.

Archived