Chelsea silverware tyranny on the horizon?

juaninho

With today's purported signing of nouveau wunderkind Robinho by Chelsea (see link below) and an option on fellow Brazilian PSV defender Alex, it would seem the Blues are positioning themselves well with exceptional future talent, some of which has already arrived such as Robben, Tiago, Drogba etc. With this motley crew of talent in the Blues midst, is it a matter of time before one begins to think the unthinkable, that is years in which silverware 'doubles' and perhaps 'trebles' ensue for the Blues?

http://foxsports.news.com.au/story/0,8659,11214576-23215,00.html

Well, last year they did buy some suspect players. Veron, Crespo, and Mutu come to mind. The best signings last year were Duff, Parker, and Bridge. This year's signings are alot better in my opinion. Robben, Cech (though both actually signed last year), Kezman, Drogba, and Carvalho, who i think is the best of the three Portugese signings, are better quality. Now if only they could get rid of Lampard somehow and find a true midfield general - could have been Veron, but he remains an enigma, quite possibly even to himself. Inter is quite happy with him though.

If Lady Rowena will allow , maybe the Crusaders will transfer Ivanhoe as he's proven his worth in battle . He'd fit in with Robinho ;)

Sorry I couldn't help my self ........King Richard would never allow it anyway .......more pewterware than silverware [:o)]

quote:Originally posted by juaninho

Now if only they could get rid of Lampard somehow and find a true midfield general - could have been Veron, but he remains an enigma, quite possibly even to himself. Inter is quite happy with him though.

I wish Liverpool would take you up on that Frank offer. Unless you're planning a fascist coup, Spanish generals aren't good for much.

You can't fight it, gotta go with it. "ViVa Los Riojas" has a nice ring to it (if you can get a Scouser to pronounce it properly). Pretty soon you'll have the Kop singing the praises of the "Generalissimo Xabi Alonso!" Would you rather have Macca back?

I would more then happily swap a one Mr. Lampard, who despite his zeal and steely determination to try and somehow shoot balls through people - you have to admire his misguided resolve to not realise that humans are not impermeable - for a one Mr. Alonso. He's been keeping Liverpool afloat so high in the table. Alonso can orchestrate the symphony that is a team, whereas Lampard just wants to hammer away on the tympany at all times.

I am not saying Lampard is a bad player, it is just that for a central midfielder he doesn't make the best of decisions and has difficulty co-ordinating an offense through the center of the pitch. Most of Chelsea's best chances come from offense generated from wing play, reducing Lampard to a cross poacher, which isn't that bad, but it is just that annoying habit of finding opposing defenders with his shots that makes him less effective.

Archived