devos contemplating quits

Peschfan

De vos is considering retiring from international football sooner rather than later. here is the article from sky sports.

Jason de Vos is considering quitting international football after Canada's ignominious failure to qualify for the next World Cup.

Defeat to Costa Rica ended the North American nation's hoped of playing in Germany 2006, and Ipswich's de Vos is angry that he will never feature in such an enormous sporting event.

"I am very disappointed with a lot that that went on during our World Cup campaign," de Vos told Ipswich's official website.

"We had some bad decisions that went against us and lost leads that we should have held on to and the end result is that we are out of the World Cup.

"Since I was a young lad it has always been my dream to play in the World Cup finals and now I have to accept that it's not going to happen and that's very disappointing.

"So I have some big decisions to make about my future with Canada. I will sit down with my family and discuss the situation and also speak to Frank Yallop.

"It's not something I will rush in to and I will give it careful thought but it's fair to say that I am considering my career at international level."

DeVos has been the most committed player for Canada all these years. He always seems to turn up ready to play, and play hard, with honour.

The image of him after that game at home to Honduras still brings tears to my eyes. I believe DeVos would contine playing for Canada, if he was still the captain, even though he won't get a chance to play in the World Cup. The fact that he would even consider quitting shows how bad things have gotten with the CSA!

a great guy for canada i hope he decides to stick around and keep his energy and enthusiasm as well as stellar play involved with the team for a few more years atleast. At 36 he probably wouldn't be a starter on our world cup team but i'l bet he could still keep a place.

Archived