[*]MatchNight!

Voyageurs Cup

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Halftime:

Toronto 0 Calgary 1

CAL Otta ~10'

45' - Play balanced out in the last 15-20 minutes as Calgary seem to have gotten their legs back (commentators say they flew in this morning and they did look sluggish earlier); Calgary with a couple more decent chances in addition to their goal but the difference is Toronto unable to finish (especially in the first part of the game)

30' - Still mostly Toronto after Calgary's goal; some good long-range shots but finishing is poor

10' - All Toronto in the first 10 minutes, but only one shot on goal; Calgary come back with a shot, earn a corner, Otta heads the CK at the near post into the far corner

For those in the GTA, who couldn't make it out to the game. The match is on live right now on Rogers Television.

So far Calgary has had 1 goal on three shots while the Lynx are scoreless on six shots. The lynx have come close several times but lacked the killer instincts. Calgary scored (goal from Walter Otta)on their first scoring chance and for a 20 minutes segment following the goal, held the upper hand in the play. The lynx regained the upper hand before the half.

The announcers mentioned at a significant lenght, that the Mustangs are a very tired time have just arrived very shortly before the game. They caught a morning flight out of Calgary.

quote:Originally posted by Free kick

For those in the GTA, who couldn't make it out to the game. The match is on live right now on Rogers Television.

I believe it's on only within Toronto (ie. not in Mississauga, not north of Steeles, etc.)... which is pretty silly...

Arrango Ties it up off of a header on a corner kick at the 53th. The Lynx ( ie.Gerba_) missed very many chances prior. Lynx dominating. For those reading from Calgary, Sorry guys but thats the truth. Calgary, did have their moments in the middle of the 1st half. But this is really a game changing momentum

Just before the PK was awarded I was thinking that this is the kind of game where the dominant team blows chance after chance and the other team scores on a rare chance and ends up winning the game. It almost happened with the PK. Toronto better watch out because I can still see that happening.

quote:Originally posted by DJT

Just before the PK was awarded I was thinking that this is the kind of game where the dominant team blows chance after chance and the other team scores on a rare chance and ends up winning the game. It almost happened with the PK. Toronto better watch out because I can still see that happening.

Its the law of sports isn't it. Those who missed glorious chances will get punished

Blois in for Bartholomeu in the 68th

Musthangs are actually getting some interesting surges on the counters. Lynx are really lacking confidence and the killer instincts in this game. This is where you need the confident offensive MF player who can hold and dribble the ball and beat defenders. BUt I have been saying that for years now

The Lynx pressure seems to have subsided. They haven't gotten any of those great chances in the last 10-15 minutes or so, and Calgary are getting some spells of possession. The same thing happened in the first half. That pressure can only last so long.

Archived