Arsenal-Chelsea on in a couple of minutes

Cheeta

And should be a dandy.

Both sides look to have brought their 1st teams out as some clubs still have ambitions of pulling off the double.

Did I mention I love this tourny?

Caught some neat facts off the BBC. Realy hadn't given them any thought until I read them, and then kinda went, huh.

This is the fourth year in a row these two sides have met in the Cup and Arsenal holds a 14 match undefeated run against their London rivals. Arsenal is looking to make it three FA Cup titles in a row. If it happens it will be for only the 3rd time ever and the 1st time in nearly 120 years.

With the way the seasons moving on, I'd give the Gunners another nice shot at the double this year. But you never know. That's a pretty long winless streak against Arsenal that Chelsea's run up, so injuries or no, you could say they are about due.

Liverpool-Portsmouth follows. Watch Hoddle's somewhat altered lineup roll to a comfortable victory.

P.S. And I'm quite sure The Blades will go to the next round. YEAH PESCH!!!

quote:Originally posted by Cheeta

And should be a dandy.

Both sides look to have brought their 1st teams out as some clubs still have ambitions of pulling off the double.

Did I mention I love this tourny?

Yeah, what a great game it was!! WEll worth waking up at 5:30 in the morning to see it! I still feel the bruises over my body after I went a little haywire after Reyes' goals!... But, CHEETA, you took a risk coming onto the internet when the game was already over (or well in-progress). Careful! :)

Nope. Not my best by a long shot at 5:30 in the AM. Hell, you should be getting home at 5:30, not getting up.

As far as I'm concearned, if you can't buy a big mac at McDonalds its too early to be awake.

Rule #1 to watching delayed telecasts. Avoid the internet like the plague.

Rule #2. Keep the sound off. I've a terrrible habit of watching the matchs without the sound on. Roll in a little Billy Bragg, or Cranberries on the CD player. Maybe some Soundgarden or Presidents or something. You know, mood music. Can't quite beat some Bundesliga action accompanied by In Violet Light and a six aspirin breakfeast.

Now of course this means you'll miss some gossip, or player reports but it accomplishs your not hearing the score to the upcoming telecasts, which is of course quite important.

And yeah, I thought the game was pretty damn good. Boy oh boy, I can bet there's 5 minutes of that match Chelsea would like to have back. Bloody rocket Reyes launched there! And was Parker getting worked over or what? Poor bugger. Ah well, better him than me.

quote:Originally posted by Cheeta

Rule #2. Keep the sound off. I've a terrrible habit of watching the matchs without the sound on. Roll in a little Billy Bragg, or Cranberries on the CD player. Maybe some Soundgarden or Presidents or something. You know, mood music. Can't quite beat some Bundesliga action accompanied by In Violet Light and a six aspirin breakfeast.

Especially when Max Bretos is the announcer.

Archived