MLS salaries

argh1

I came across this and thought some-one may have a comment.I thought MLS was paid more? Mind you I don't follow MLS so that statement means nothing.....anyways here's the listed MLS salaries

www.socceramerica.com/article.asp?Art_ID=562134198

So is it like your local SENIOR HOCKEY TEAM under $40,000 you can detail cars in my used car lot to get up to a living income[}:)]

Don't Canadian Hockey Players in the English Elite Hockey Ass'n make more than 75% of these players.......and they call themselves MAJOR LEAGUE .........SAD

We thought the CFL was cheap ......their minimum salary is $40,000 OR SLIGHTLY MORE

quote:Originally posted by hamiltonfan

you gotta remember there talking about american bucks and there still bonases add on to the salaries.

I'm sorry but US greenbacks or Canadian Loonies, but ADO at $500,000

and maybe 15% over a 100 grand and a bunch 40g and less, come on .....

2-3 year contracts......ahhhhh I can drive the POP truck for $50g or lay brick for more. You want quality players ante up

quote:Originally posted by hamiltonfan

you gotta remember there talking about american bucks and there still bonases add on to the salaries.

Actually the American dollar isn't worth what it used to be. You can buy more with X Canadian dollars living in Canada than you can with X US dollars living in the States...

Some players are definitely underpaid (hard to picture Craig Ziadie of the Metros having to live in a ghetto, but that's obviously what he does unless he has a second job). ... However some are OVERpaid. For instance that Bo Hung or whatever his name is (for LA GAlaxy making $290K). He's rubbish! Guess you could say that about any league though...

quote:Originally posted by SABuffalo786

Hey it's better than crippling the league with unreal salaries. I'm sure the salary cap will be raised in the near future.

Yeah, I agree. Remember there are no team owners in MLS, so the players get what they get. There's nothing that could be down about it. Who needs overpaid players and overpriced tickets anyway?? Higher salaries doesn't necessarily mean better quality of play. Look at the NHL and Major League Baseball: The only thing that's increased faster than salaries in those leagues over the last 15 years is the crap-level of the on-the-field product.

Archived